U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2010, 02:49 PM

156 posts, read 269,276 times

Advertisements

I recently heard of a place called Story Time Rental which is located in the Windsor Hills Resort which is advertised as 3 bedroom townhomes and 6 bedroom villas which are very reasonably priced for families visiting Orlando/Kissimmee resorts/attractions. Has anyone heard of it? It sounds too good to be true. Any personal knowledge or info from friends or family would be great. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 PM

73 posts, read 87,738 times
Thanks so much for posting this question. I'd never heard of it before and I love all things Disney World. This place is incredible looking.

Click here. (http://www.vrbo.com/74994 - broken link) for information, including pictures.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM

67 posts, read 186,385 times
I haven't stayed here, but have stayed at Windsor Hills a few times and it is great! I've also used VBRO many times and it has always worked out perfectly!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 AM

433 posts, read 665,976 times
Due to the economy and decline in rentals, most Short term rentals are a BARGAIN, especially if you like privacy compared to a hotel.

There are many communities and homes to choose from, over 1,000 within 10 minutes of WDW.

Windsor Hills is a fantastic location.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 AM

683 posts, read 1,930,951 times
Default Disney home Rental websites

We are looking for a nice home to rent in Dec. There will be 16 of us. I have looked in VRBO, Vacationrentals.com and DisneyVilla Vacations.
My concerns are that the pictures shown on the listing are of model homes and not the true representations of the actual homes. I am also concerned with sending a deposit. Anyone have any experience with the above websites?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:59 PM

5 posts, read 14,634 times
I have rented from story time in Windsor Hills and am going to rent from them again in Feb 2012. Very nice clean homes, very affordable. Location is great. Resort it great as well.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM

7 posts, read 15,104 times
Windsor Hills has some great deals on rentals. Storytime Villas have some of the best in all of Windsor Hills. I must say though that in my most recent visit I did notice that Windsor Hills has gotten quite a bit run down. Not a total dump , no , but not cared for as it used to be .

I stayed with Storytime Rentals on several occasions over the years and again while a super great deal and overall a great experience they are going down in quality. My last 2 stays in different units I have noticed dirty walls , very dirty carpets , and in one unit a filthy couch . I was disapointed. I spent quite a bit of my vacation time to wipe everything up. I had to put a blanket on the sofa before we could sit on it .

The resort itself has a great playground but last 2 visits I noticed that it was in disrepair . Their was even graffatti on the slide. The front gate was missing bars and had yelow tape all over it . And there was a man standing at the front gate talking to security about a break in in his townhome. It didnt make a good last impression.

While I would consider them more dirty than say a typical hotel, they have some really nice perks. Being able to do laundry , swim in your own splash pool , cook meals , and stretch out .

They do have 4 registed sex offenders living there so just be aware of your kids whereabouts. The places that are rented as long term in Windsor Hills ( and there are not many many) are pretty cheap so it has attracted some not so great people. But for the most part you will just see vacationing families as "most" units are used for vacation properties only .

I know it sounds like I am complaining but I guess I just saw the resort when it was still still so nice and seeing it go downhill was a bummer. Its a great price and you cant beat what you get for the money. Very close to Disney also. Try taking Sherberth Rd for a shortcut to the Disney parks.

The Storytime owners are super nice people and go above and beyond to help you out with questions and have always been easy to contact when we needed them. If you go in knowing what to expect you wont be disapointed . Its hard to go back to a hotel ever again after staying there .

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 15,330 times
Default Kissimmee Villas

Windsor Hills is very close to Lindfields where there are lots of lovely Kissimmee Villas to choose from which you can rent direct from owner

windsor hills, kissimmee to Lindfields Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747 - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando