Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 12:43 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,183 times

Advertisements

Is that vip access deal worth it for 150/person + admission tic? Has nebody been through hhn with vip access and if so, how was it?

Whats avg wait with the express pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
I am not sure what the VIP is, but the express pass is worth it if you are planning to go on a Friday or Saturday. If you don't, expect to wait 1 to 2 hours PER HOUSE, and there are tons of them. With the express pass, you practically walk right in and you can hit every house in one visit. You could never do all the houses in one visit without it. I am wondering how busy it is on the first weekend, because we went last year on a Saturday in mid-October and it was nuts. This year we are going to try a Thursday or earlier in the season.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM

331 posts, read 1,052,168 times
My advice is to get the frequent fear pass and go a few times. With the regular one you can go the first Friday, and Saturday, Every Thursday and Sunday and I think there might be a few Wednesdays (I think there is a total of 14 nights for $75.00). They usually throw in the last weekend as well near the end. The also have another Frequent Fear Pass which includes Firday nights, so you can basically go every night but Saturday. I usually end up going at least 5-6 times and get to do each house multiple times. There is no need to rush then and you don't have to worry about missing anything because even on the weeknights the houses will still usually have at least a 45 minutes wait. I have gotten the Frequent fear pass for the past few years and it is worth every cent.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
I am not sure what the VIP is, but the express pass is worth it if you are planning to go on a Friday or Saturday. If you don't, expect to wait 1 to 2 hours PER HOUSE, and there are tons of them. With the express pass, you practically walk right in and you can hit every house in one visit. You could never do all the houses in one visit without it. I am wondering how busy it is on the first weekend, because we went last year on a Saturday in mid-October and it was nuts. This year we are going to try a Thursday or earlier in the season.
Vip is ur in a group of 12ppl with a tour guide, u get in front of the line on every ride. Express pass ur waiting in a shorter line but ur still waiting. The uni rep told us its usually half the normal line wait.

Included is valet parking, guarantee to all 8 haunted houses, and reserved seats to bill n teds show, and express access to other universal things outside of hhn. The guide tells u about every house, history, production info, etc.before u go in.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:02 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Vip is ur in a group of 12ppl with a tour guide, u get in front of the line on every ride. Express pass ur waiting in a shorter line but ur still waiting. The uni rep told us its usually half the normal line wait.

Included is valet parking, guarantee to all 8 haunted houses, and reserved seats to bill n teds show, and express access to other universal things outside of hhn. The guide tells u about every house, history, production info, etc.before u go in.
Half the normal wait? He's dead wrong on that one. All the waits when I went were 90+ minutes, many 120 minutes. The express pass lines had just a few people in them. My friend used one last year and said the longest they waited was 10 minutes for one house, and that was with a cast change. Most were 5 minute wait or walk right in. He did every house in 1 night and had time left to re-do some.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Half the normal wait? He's dead wrong on that one. All the waits when I went were 90+ minutes, many 120 minutes. The express pass lines had just a few people in them. My friend used one last year and said there was hardly any wait at all. He did every house in 1 night and had time left to re-do some.
Hmm. Express pass is only 40 bucks+admission tic. Do they sell a certain number of express pass per night?

I think the vip was designed for people that wanna say "I got it like this" when they walk to the front of the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando