Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Everybody calm down,please.
Yac.
Oh, come on, it's just getting fun! I pollished my shiney chrome bumper just for a special "tailgating" occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Anyone that would deliberately tailgate, regardless of motivation, is IMO just as clueless and dangerous as the other. You're making a conscious choice that could affect someone very negatively. Be the bigger person. It's not your road either. The law is on the person doing the speed limit's side. Not yours. It's as simple as that and any further reasoning is void.
Thank You Sir.....i might say some things that people disagree with on the crime posts but there is "no" reason to endanger someone if they are going too slow for you....maybe they have someone in thier car that doesnt like how they are driving and they get injured because someone wants to prove a point on why people should move over to the right when going slower..well i also believe that people shouldnt go slow when people behind them in the fast lane are going fast, but i would never put someones life in danger and my life in danger by getting too close to another car going speeds of 70 - 80 mph......its just physics on what could happen if these two cars impact each other and hurt innocents

Old 07-07-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Oh, come on, it's just getting fun! I pollished my shiney chrome bumper just for a special "tailgating" occasion.
LOL...I had to laugh ...i am sorry....that was funny....but i don't agree with tailgating at all no matter what cuz i don't know who is in the person's car in front of me....i don't want to hurt an innocent kid or someone that is sick in the passenger seat....but seriously you have a good sense of humor Prichard....that made me laugh for real...c ya....lol

Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM

170 posts, read 753,286 times
if someone tailgates you, you need to use the handbrake so they cant react as quick, give them a nice insurance bill

Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 PM

27 posts, read 117,405 times
I can understand why tailgating is frustrating - I politely tap my brakes and maybe even flash my hazards if someone is too close. They usually go around.

Florida should have passed the bill forcing slower cars into the right lanes. (In europe it is unheard of to pass on the right)

Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM

250 posts, read 1,469,608 times
I sometimes flick my lights on to give the impression I am putting the brakes on and that usually does the trick...tailgating here is a much bigger problem than what I am used to being from the UK...another big difference is that it is illegal to pass a car on the right hand in the UK- having cars pass in whichever lane they choose has taken some getting used to....

whatever happened to the 2 second rule?????

Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 PM

250 posts, read 1,469,608 times
My Husband just said he would let anyone behind him get passed him - if the person behinds wants to speed then go for it as they will be the one that will get the speeding ticket not him, they will be the ones that fall into the speed traps by the Police.....means he can merrily go on his way doing his usual 5 mph over the limit....

Old 07-21-2007, 12:05 PM

Im not really speaking of a one on one thing out there when im being tailgated......usually people are so rude that they dont even come up on you slow enough to stay off your butt.....they just maintain thier speed "no matter" whats going on in front and they brake just enough to not hit your car......they dont get that i am behind someone using "the 2 second rule" ....i am not just going slow .....i am using that rule and i dont get over if the lane to the right is alot slower because i am trying to make it there as fast as i can but using the "2 second rule" so that i am not putting people in danger......the guy behind me should realize that i am not a couple car lengths behind the guy in front of me just because i am trying to block traffic.....i am that far behind because the "2 second rule" is what you are taught to do for safety reasons......if the guy in front of me went faster then i would keep pace with him but i am not losing my spot for someone that needs to be on my ass.....what happens when i move over....then he has to see why i was going the speed i was going because he will be behind the guy i was behind and it will then take me a long time to get back over to the fast lane....therefore why should "i" move if i am in the flow of traffic with people in front of me in the fast lane?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM

262 posts, read 937,493 times
Default please don't do it

Tailgating is the biggest cause of preventable accidents. It's a leading cause of multi-car pileups. There is no excuse.

Yes, we all get behind someone who's going too slowly. Yes, it's frustrating. No, it is definitely NOT worth risking innocent people's lives over. Licensed drivers are adults and we should have better impulse control.

It's true that people driving the speed limit should stay out of the left lane OF THE INTERSTATES as that's the designated passing lane. No, it doesn't apply to city streets and residential roads because cars enter and exit from both lanes - frequently.

Driving courteously is much safer - and takes only a few seconds more. Isn't it worth it?

Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 PM

I agree that tailgating causes most of the accidents out there........now why dont the cops just crack down on the people that arent doing the 2 second rule instead of writing speeding tickets.....sometimes people speed so that someone isnt riding on thier azz.....i guess the cops arent smart enough to see that tailgating is a bigger problem because i have actually seen cops do it to so i guess they dont want to enforce it because then they have to stop doing it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando