Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 5,153 times

Advertisements

i was driving my car the other day and this punk on his harely was right on my bumper. i guess this makes you a tough guy. all i had to do was slam on my brakes and this jerk would have wiped out. or if your stopped at a light they put their motorcycle tire right on your bumper. bikers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 01:01 PM

how come whenever you make a full stop at a stop sign the person behind you gets right on your bumper. **** you *******s!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:07 PM

i live in connecticut and there are some big time prick drivers that like to to bust balls by driving a half inch off your bumper. the days of enjoying driving your car are over thanks to these morons!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM

910 posts, read 2,330,266 times
Ha, ha. Another thread complaining about the idiot drivers down here. Conform or be smitten!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:09 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
It's just as bad here in NYC. At least the people down there drive in the right direction on the right side of the highway.

Wrong-Way Crash Driver Diane Schuler Was Drunk, High

Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM

910 posts, read 2,330,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
It's just as bad here in NYC. At least the people down there drive in the right direction on the right side of the highway.

Not really. One time, there was an accident on the highway and people got so impatient with the gridlock it caused that they took it upon themselves (without law enforcement redirection) to get off the highway through the nearby on-ramp. It only takes one, and the minions follow. Does the term Floridiot ring a bell?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM

606 posts, read 1,234,461 times
I4 is atrocious especailly on Sat. and Sunday heading west from town between the Sandlake exit and the Disney exit. What gets me is how everyone is going at a pace of 30 mph and then you get a speed demon going like 80 cutting across traffic like there is no tomorrow.
Forgot to add this, then you have the occasional nutter that cuts across the traffic on the lawn or median or side-walk or even the emergency lane, good Lord how ridiculous!

Last edited by 8palmtrees; 08-15-2009 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post

Oh you think so huh? We have been in Florida two years and horrific crashes like this occur all the time. Every weekend there are reports of the death toll from the night before.

We have seen the aftermath of more crashes here the likes of which I have never seen anywhere else, I can't call them accidents, because many are so avoidable.

What happened in upstate NY is a weekly occuarance in FL.

FL leads the nation in motorcycle crashes surpassing both TX and CA.

FL has had it it's share of wrong way drivers. There was one in Tampa awhile back who killed young mother and left the little girl in very bad shape, her name is Summer Moll I believe.

NYC drivers can be agressive, but they are much better trained drivers.

A driving test in FL is a joke. FL teens are the worst, they get no driver's ed, and they seem to think you need to tailgate in order to be a good driver. The Tampa Bay area is number one in the country for deadly teen crashes.

And no one heres knows what a turn signal is.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:00 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
like i said, orlando traffic/drivers are bad. road rage, running red lights, the list goes on and on... just like thaspecial said, and i said one post above, most ppl in orlando are not from fla. they are from ny/nj/puerto rico. so complaining that the natives cant drive, and the ppl from up north can, is laughable. who do you think is cutting me off, driving way too fast, etc...

one moment i wont forget: i was living in nc at the time. went down to fla to visit family and was heading back up to nc on i-95. an suv was right on my butt, i mean right behind my car. i saw it, so being that i was in the left lane i got over for him. after he passed me i got behind him in the left lane again. there was hardly anyone out on the road that day. as soon as i got behind him, he slowed down to like 35 mph. he was doing this intentionally and was acting like an idiot. i passed him on the right b/c he wouldnt move. as i passed him he has a little baby in the suv with him --- yes, his wife/gf and child were also in the car. i couldnt believe he was doing this while a child was in the car. as i passed him, i looked over and saw them, and also noticed he had a nj tag. this didnt suprise me at all.

At least with a NJ license plate he most likely had car insurance. FL leads the nation in uninsured drivers.

Only state I know of where your car isn't impounded when you get caught driving without it.

They will impound a car in FL for a loud radio, but not for no insurance and a DUI. How does that make any sense?

And I have seen plenty of smart alec rednecks on the road here. A friend of families grandson was caught up in that 4 or 5 car wreck last month on the I 4 (I know there are so many).

Anyway a woman was killed and this kid helped pull her body out of the car.

The accident was caused by a redneck in 1993 vehicle doing about 90mph and traffic slowed. He the hit the car in front of him killing the woman passenger instantly. No car insurance.

You see in most places people like that stay under the radar, because they know speeding and no car insurance means here comes the tow truck. Here they do whatever they please, cause all they get is a "citation"

Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by challengersrt10 View Post
i was driving my car the other day and this punk on his harely was right on my bumper. i guess this makes you a tough guy. all i had to do was slam on my brakes and this jerk would have wiped out. or if your stopped at a light they put their motorcycle tire right on your bumper. bikers suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats a Harely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando