Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 PM

81 posts, read 177,695 times

Advertisements

I am wondering what people with children in grades 5 and up do if they must leave for work early, and there is no before school care for the upper grades? I wouldn't want to trust middle school student to get up with an alarm clock, eat properly, and catch the school bus on time! Yikes! What do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 01:10 PM

73 posts, read 344,256 times
Well now the middle school is starting even earlier in some places but everyone I know either finds a neighbor or something like that.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM

81 posts, read 177,695 times
Do they pay the neighbor? What do they pay per week? It seems too much to ask if you are NOT paying your neighbor...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,747 times
[FONT=Verdana]Hello it’s about time... I have a child that's in middle school all her life she has been in before and aftercare.. I recently move to a county that only provide before and aftercare for ages 0-12,... I don’t worry about her getting up and leaving on time I worry about some crazy person watching her leave and come home everyday.. It’s very hard especially when it’s just one child.. They have nanny services but way to expensive I currently looking for a kiddy cab I know there has to be a parent out there that feels the same way about their own child.. Sometime they get a van and pick up and drop off other children.. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,900,849 times
I didn't have to pay a neighbor when my son was in middle school b/c she would get the kids off in the morning and I would get them after school. See if you can find someone to do that with. With my daughter, I paid the neighbor a small amount or at least tried, but she would not accept it. In return, I'd take her kids to places on the weekends when we took our kids out. Trust me there are plenty parents in the same situation and we all are here to help. You'll figure something out. My kids would got to the Y sometimes after school.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,177 times
My daughter's middle school doesn't start untill 9:30am. No before care is provided!! I can't walk into work everyday at 10:00 am!! What do you do? I'm a single mother, my financial situation won't allow me to miss hours at work. Due to a transfer, I'm not eligible for bus transportation. Someone should start a kiddy cab service!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando