U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 37,228 times

Advertisements

Has anyone visited Halloween horror nights before? What should i do this year the cost for a Friday visit 49.99. Then to add the express pass is another 69.99!!!

is express worth it for a Friday? what are the differences in wait time? i mean if its only about a 30-45 min difference then i don't think its worth $70.00. Thats insane.

Now if you get to walk right in then thats worth it! or even wait 10-15 min.

Please help $70 is alot to spend on something so meaningless.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 PM

2,158 posts, read 4,349,564 times
Depends on when you go. I will be there this Friday night so I can report back with the crowd and wait times next week. Last year we went late in October on a Saturday night and I swore...never again. Express Pass all the way if you are going late October on a Friday or Saturday night. It is WELL worth your money as all the houses had 1 - 2 hour waits (not exaggerating...some posted wait times were even more) and the express pass lines were 5 minutes long if that!! This year we are trying it out early to see if it makes a big difference because most people aren't thinking Halloween yet.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 37,228 times
yup, we are trying to beat the crowd we will be there early october. The date we are planning on is Oct 8. which is a Friday. Let me know how it goes. I REALLY DONT WONNA PAY ANOTHER $70. DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE THE PRICE TO GET IN IS 49!! LOL CRAZY

Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM

11,770 posts, read 26,647,102 times
We usually go during the week and get there when they open the gates. (6:30) We usually get through 80% of the haunted houses. The most we waited in line was about 30-45 minutes. We usually head right for the back and get right in the first 2-3 houses. We also get to enjoy the shows if we are not beat or have sore feet by then. It's all about planning. I love HHN and I think it's definatley worth going. The weekends are too packed for me though.

Pete C: Let us know how it is this year.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM

135 posts, read 314,942 times
As the others have said, if you go during the weekend the express pass is essential if you want to avoid lines that can have a 2 hour wait time!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM

331 posts, read 904,219 times
If you live in the Orlando area, get the frequent fear pass and go a few times. IMHO it is the best value and you can take your time and enjoy HHN without having to rush to make sure you get to every haunted house in one night. I usually end up going about 7-8 times. I have an annual pass so it is cheaper and parking is free as well, so that helps a bit. I am going Friday and Saturday, so will report back as well!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM

1,258 posts, read 3,259,562 times
I've been to 16 of the 19 Halloween Horror Nights,only missed 1991(the first year) and two years in the 90's.I always go Wednesday,Thursday or Sunday,the few weekends I've gone have always been wacky nu nu so I always avoid them.If you have tickets for the park during the day you can go in the Stay and Scream area where they hold you until they clear the park and get everything ready.They'll let you out of this area about 30 minutes before the mob waiting at the front gate gets in so you can do 2-3 of the houses before the mob gets in.By doing all this I've never,ever paid for express tickets,I doubt I ever would anyways if they are charging $70,that's like $40 less than I was paying to renew my Annual pass up until this year when they jacked it up to $150 due to Potter.However if you're going last weekend of the month and you can afford it you pretty much have to do it as you can expect lines close to 2 hours long.When I went last year early in the month we did like the first 3 houses without a wait then there was 2-3 houses where we waited 20-45 minutes then we did the others and some repeats waiting 10-15 minutes,close to the end of the night some of the houses became walk-ons again.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM

129 posts, read 216,587 times
I noticed that is said it is not recommended for children under 13? Are there many kids there?

My son is 9 and really wants to go, he is not afraid of anything but I don't know if this is too much for him?
Thanks
Andrea

Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 AM

11,770 posts, read 26,647,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
I noticed that is said it is not recommended for children under 13? Are there many kids there?

My son is 9 and really wants to go, he is not afraid of anything but I don't know if this is too much for him?
Thanks
Andrea
My kids went at 9 and they were fine. It's kind of like how they put ratings on the movies to be safe. There are plenty tweens and teens there.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 AM

4 posts, read 18,259 times
Like everyone else, I scoffed at the price of the Express pass at first..but if you really want to enjoy the expereince of HHN, it is a "must have".

I went 3 years ago (when they had Freddy/Leatherface/Jason). We got there kind of late, around 8pm and it was PACKED. The first house (Texas Chainsaw) we waited 90 minutes. For a 3-5 minute walkthrough. It was 9:30 when we got out and we had only seen ONE house. We decided to get the passes. After that it was smooth sailing. We walked in and out of every house AND all of the rides we wanted to go on and we were done seeing everything by 1am. So we saw everything in 3-4 hours with the pass whereas without it, we waited 1.5 hours for ONE house.

It's sooo much easier because you are always going from one thing to the next and you never have to slow down and wait for anything (buzz kill). You are never in a rush and you avoid the crowds.

When you think about it, if you are waiting on average 1 hour per house (conservative estimate because it's usually more for the popular houses) and you see say 3 houses..and each house is like a 3-5 minute walk through.. you're really waiting 3+ hours for 9-15 minutes of entertainment.

Get the Express pass. Definitely worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando