Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 16,799 times

Advertisements

What are the best apartments in the Waterford Lakes area. It's just me, my husband and my 18 month old relocating for a job, and want an apartment for 7+ months before buying a house. I am happy as long as it is SAFE and clean and around $1000/month for 2 bedrooms. The apartments that I am currently looking into are:

Cypress Lake at Waterford
Polos East
Knightsbridge at Stoneybrook (i have read they have been doing a lot of construction much to the annoyance of their tenants)

Any recommendations? Everything looks wonderful and then I check apartmentratings.com and they make it sound like crime central, even though everything I read on here sounds like it is a great area to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezalyn View Post
What are the best apartments in the Waterford Lakes area. It's just me, my husband and my 18 month old relocating for a job, and want an apartment for 7+ months before buying a house. I am happy as long as it is SAFE and clean and around $1000/month for 2 bedrooms. The apartments that I am currently looking into are:

Polos East
Knightsbridge at Stoneybrook (i have read they have been doing a lot of construction much to the annoyance of their tenants)

Any recommendations? Everything looks wonderful and then I check apartmentratings.com and they make it sound like crime central, even though everything I read on here sounds like it is a great area to live.

Because Orlando is such a transient area, MOST Orlando area apartment complexes tend to attract criminals/sex offenders/other undesirables. Although they are not as out of control as people on the websites make area Apt. complexes to be, there is a LOT of crime in virtually every Orlando area apartment complex. In general, the area around Waterford Lakes is wonderful, you just need to keep a low key without looking lost, and you will be fine in your complex. I can not speak about specifics in these compelxes, but I can tell you that all are located in a generally nice area, and as long as you are not looking to move in for good, you will be fine temporarily. Orlando is a very high crime place though, and depending on where you came from, you may be in for a little of a shock. Do NOT let that scare you away from moving to Orlando though, there are plenty of decent SAFE areas in which to buy a home.

I actually moved from ORlando to escape a lot of the crime/problems, and I found my escape in South Florida, which will probably seem strange to many on this forum!

Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 15,170 times
Default Apartments in Waterford Lakes

Hello Chezalyn,

I am a Realtor in Orlando and I have been living in the Waterford area for nearly 3 years. I have lived in many areas of Orlando and I must say that the East side (Waterford areas) has been the best. I have 2 kids of my own and 3 step daughters. The schools are great, the neighborhoods are great and shopping!! Traffic does get bad, but I am sure timing is something you can manage. I can't say I have heard much of many problems regarding the apartments on this side of town. I have had many clients that I have sold houses to that lived in the surrounding apartments and they had no complaints (other than having to rent). Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions regarding your relocation. As a professional in this business I am always willing to help out new neighbors!

Feel free to visting my website: Evolution Group, Inc.

Thanks & good luck,

Veronica Figueroa

Old 04-27-2008, 09:11 AM

8 posts, read 54,732 times
Default Cypress Lakes at Waterford

I took lease in Feb 08 and now lived here for more than two months. The place looks to be wonderful. Though the rent is few hundred dollars more than other apartments in this area, but I am happy that by spending little more, how much you get in return:
- In-house washer dryer
- Well equipped and spacious gym with TV, water dispenser etc.
- world class pool with WI-FI
- residents program
- children's family area
- prompt maintenance
- car care
- club house is world class and secured by access card, this makes the outsiders at bay. very nice. W

On the negative side,
- you can not go for Bright House, they have agreement with Orlando telephone company, so you can not get internet and cable TV from any other than Orlando Telephone Company. If you are particular about TV channels, make sure you get your favorite channels. I was looking for 24hr Noggin for my daughter. Later on, I discover, they give it only for 12 hrs (and no where OTC mentioned it). OTC internet speed also looks to be not very exciting.
- parking area is crowded, looks like the slot widths are little lesser than standard, so not that easy to park-in. also chances that you hit the other car when you open the door as cars need to be parked so close.
- some times you do not get parking next to your building but not a big issue, you may find parking within few hundred feet.

- Neel

Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM

85 posts, read 365,631 times
polos east is really bad. its got lots of gang activity and lots of homeless people hang out there.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:54 PM

732 posts, read 4,156,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dna3406 View Post
polos east is really bad. its got lots of gang activity and lots of homeless people hang out there.
whats polos east?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 AM

8 posts, read 54,732 times
Default Polos East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
whats polos east?

He was talking about another apartment from Equity - knows as Polos East in waterford area. I saw that apartment too but was not over impressed. The leasing consultant over there was too busy even to talk forget about showing the apartment properly.

I took the lease at "Cypress Lakes at waterford" and liking it.

Neel

Old 10-24-2009, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 10,680 times
I am leasing my home 3/2/2 in the waterford lakes area of Orlando. It is in a secluded development of 28 homes. Our home is on an oversized lot (fenced yard) which is backed up to the preserve. Home is newly renovated with a $75,000 custom built kitchen with all new top of the line appliances. Fresh paint througout with new carpet and wood floors. I can be reached at [email]Vfundrella@yahoo.com[/email] for anyone interested in viewing our property. $1375 per month. Pets welcomed.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezalyn View Post

Polos East

the people I know in knightsbridge seem to love it there. I never hear complaints about it.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,146 times
Lake Mary-Heathrow
the 30 minute commute is worth it-if you want a small town feel- and still be 20 minutes away from the best Orlando has to offer.
waterford lakes-super congested..and very "collegy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: