Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 AM

46 posts, read 131,929 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am going to be traveling to Orlando (I'm from Pittsburgh) this weekend for a convention at the Wyndham resort on International Drive. I'm flying there and then I will be spending most of my time around International Drive. I am wondering what the cheapest options for transportation will be cuz I don't plan on renting a car in order to save money. Also, if you could provide transportation links that would be very helpful.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
If you're planning to spend all of your time on I-drive there is a trolley that goes up and down.

For more information...
I Ride Trolley

Have a good trip.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM

46 posts, read 131,929 times
Thanks! That's good. Yea, I am planning to be on I-drive for most of the time. I am also going to need to get to International Drive from the airport and then back to the airport though. Is a taxi the best way? If so, what are the most affordable taxis?

Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM

70 posts, read 149,498 times
Go Steelers!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I don't take the taxies much but Mears Transportation is the biggest name in town.
Maybe someone else can come on and tell you different.
You might also want to go over to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor and ask in the Orlando forum there.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:53 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I don't take the taxies much but Mears Transportation is the biggest name in town.
Maybe someone else can come on and tell you different.

You might also want to go over to Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor and ask in the Orlando forum there.
Can't argue Mears, they are the biggest and operate City Cab, Yellow Cab, and Checker Cab depending on where in the Orlando area you are. However taxi rates are established by the city of Orlando so therefore even some independent cab company (which is not allowed in the airport cab stand anyways) would charge the same amount. Unless the Wyndham offers a shuttle, a taxi there and back would be the cheapest airport to hotel transportation. Then if you only relied on the I-ride trolley (also operated by Mears) to get you up and down International and to and from your hotel to the convention center, you'd make out pretty well and cheaper even then renting a car, paying gas, insurance, and parking at the convention center. The average fare from the airport to the Wyndham is $30, not bad!!

Taxi rates in Orlando are as follows:

-$2.20 Drop Fee (not per person, only 1 so 5 can ride in a sedan or 7 in a van for only $2.20).
-$.55 for each additional 1/4 mile aka $2.20 per mile.
-$.55 for each 80 seconds waiting time or driving under 13mph (rarely happens from airport to I-drive)
-$1.75 in tolls from MCO to I-drive but worth the saved money from waiting at lights and mileage.

I personally recommend a Mears Taxi to and from the airport since there are Mears only cab stands both at the airport and your hotel. Best of luck, hope you enjoy Orlando!!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 PM

385 posts, read 1,403,472 times
The number 42 Lynx bus goes straight from the airport to there - about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Fare is $2.

-Harry

Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 PM

70 posts, read 149,498 times
Use the following link and click on 42 and you will get the bus schedule

LYNX - Route Listing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando