U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
 
Location: New York
8 posts, read 36,516 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

My family and I moved to Orlando from New York back in June, and we came down here without physically checking out the apartment complexes in the area. I want to warn any potential renters out there looking into moving into the Hunters Creek area, so they don't have to deal with the same aggravation I have gone through these past few months.

I moved into The Parkway at Hunters Creek in June 2010, under the impression that we were moving into a beautiful, luxurious apartment community. The leasing staff was so friendly and helpful...until we signed our lease.
Since moving here, we have had nothing but problems. Our apartment is old and in DESPERATE need of updating. The amount of our rent changes every month, and the complex charges almost $5 dollars for "administrative fees" every month (which is a joke because neither management nor maintenance do anything).
Our toilet hasn't been working in almost two weeks, but we were told that wasn't considered an emergency and we are still waiting for someone to come take a look at it. Our closet shelves have fallen down twice, damaging our belongings, and other things have broken on a weekly basis. Maintenance never comes, we complain over and over, yet nothing gets done. Maintenance always has other "emergencies" they are dealing with (funny how we always see them driving their golf carts around and drinking).

Anyone considering moving here, please do yourselves a favor and move elsewhere. This place is DEFINITELY not worth the money or the aggravation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,178,626 times
Reputation: 29451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briellabella View Post
we came down here without physically checking out the apartment complexes in the area
Well there's your problem right there.

If your rent changes every month I can only assume you're on a month-to-month arrangement. If that's the case, move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
 
10,575 posts, read 10,845,318 times
Reputation: 5225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briellabella View Post
My family and I moved to Orlando from New York back in June, and we came down here without physically checking out the apartment complexes in the area. I want to warn any potential renters out there looking into moving into the Hunters Creek area, so they don't have to deal with the same aggravation I have gone through these past few months.

I moved into The Parkway at Hunters Creek in June 2010, under the impression that we were moving into a beautiful, luxurious apartment community. The leasing staff was so friendly and helpful...until we signed our lease.
Since moving here, we have had nothing but problems. Our apartment is old and in DESPERATE need of updating. The amount of our rent changes every month, and the complex charges almost $5 dollars for "administrative fees" every month (which is a joke because neither management nor maintenance do anything).
Our toilet hasn't been working in almost two weeks, but we were told that wasn't considered an emergency and we are still waiting for someone to come take a look at it. Our closet shelves have fallen down twice, damaging our belongings, and other things have broken on a weekly basis. Maintenance never comes, we complain over and over, yet nothing gets done. Maintenance always has other "emergencies" they are dealing with (funny how we always see them driving their golf carts around and drinking).

Anyone considering moving here, please do yourselves a favor and move elsewhere. This place is DEFINITELY not worth the money or the aggravation.
Did you even read the reviews of the place before you decided on it?

The Parkway at Hunter's Creek Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Orlando apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Orlando
35 posts, read 81,976 times
Reputation: 29
Sorry to hear about your experience. I was just in Hunter's Creek over the weekend looking around. I toured Camden Hunter's Creek and couldn't get out of there fast enough! What a dump! I also looked at Osprey Links which had a very nice apartment itself but the complex left much to be desired with the lack of gates and disinterested leasing agent. Everyone said such nice things on here about Hunter's Creek that I thought I found a gem, but so far I'm not impressed with the apartments!

Despite your troubles with your complex, how do you like living in Hunter's Creek in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,739 posts, read 12,442,034 times
Reputation: 3872
I used to work at the Publix on John Young in Hunter's Creek across from the Parkway, I left in May 2010. Im still very close with a former co-worker who lives there and she has had a lot of the same problems

For an apartment complex in Hunter's Creek, it is really a disappointment. Perhaps a move to The Parks, Camden at Hunter's Creek, Golfview, or Audubon Villas may be in order. Those complexes are much nicer

Also the Parkway is overpriced IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 AM
 
Location: Tampa, Fl
4,091 posts, read 4,694,902 times
Reputation: 3361
The one thing I will say is this... Even if you did tour the apartments, chances are you would've been shown a model and it would've been flawless. But yes, if your rent keeps going up, you're not on a lease. Just move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2010, 11:51 AM
 
Location: New York
8 posts, read 36,516 times
Reputation: 19
Unfortunately, we couldn't afford to come check the area out much in advance, so we picked the apartments because we heard great things about Hunters Creek from CityData and also from many other online forums. We kinda had to go with what was in our price range, and what was available when we needed to move, so our hands were tied. We are on a lease, but the complex charges for all of the amenities, and the cost of that changes drastically every month (almost like they make up their own prices).
DavieJ89 - it is WAY overpriced for what you get. The apartments are very outdated on the inside.

I do like the Hunters Creek area. It's beautiful, and the schools seem to be wonderful so far. The traffic can be a little out of control at times, though. We are definitely thinking of moving closer to the Winter Park area when our lease ends in June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Asheville, NC
11,816 posts, read 26,795,357 times
Reputation: 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
I agree on reading those reviews too. They are very helpful.

To the OP, if you're in a lease, your rent is supposed to be the same every month. That is part of the reason that you sign a lease. Did you try to see if you could get out of your lease w/o penalty? I would complain and tell them that you are not happy and you prefer to just leave. If they are not following through with repairs in a timely manor, that may be grounds for you to leave. I'd check into it.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2011, 11:08 AM
 
1 posts, read 11,846 times
Reputation: 10
I am so glad I read this page we toured The Parkway and we thought it was wonderful But I guess they make the apt you tour look wonderful. The apts you get are not that nice I guess from all I have read. I will have to rethink about moving there. It is a shame because I thought it seemed very nice there!! If the management is not going to fix anything that breaks there it is not worth the aggravation!! Thanks to everyone who posted there comments and warning us in advance!! Does anyone have any suggestions of other places to move to? We are moving to FL from PA and we do not want to get stuck living in a dump. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Orlando
35 posts, read 81,976 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Drago View Post
I am so glad I read this page we toured The Parkway and we thought it was wonderful But I guess they make the apt you tour look wonderful. The apts you get are not that nice I guess from all I have read. I will have to rethink about moving there. It is a shame because I thought it seemed very nice there!! If the management is not going to fix anything that breaks there it is not worth the aggravation!! Thanks to everyone who posted there comments and warning us in advance!! Does anyone have any suggestions of other places to move to? We are moving to FL from PA and we do not want to get stuck living in a dump. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions thanks!!!
I ended up moving into Cane Island Cane Island -- New Luxury Rental Apartment Home Community in Kissimmee, Florida and I could not be happier. It is very well appointed for a very reasonable price. Despite being right off a major road, it is actually very quiet, but also very convenient. I am very glad we chose to live here over any of the complexes we saw in Hunter's Creek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top