U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 AM

7 posts, read 12,435 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We have made the move to the Orlando area and are loving it. Should have done it a long time ago.

My wife has moderate to severe fibromyalgia and we need to find a local physician so that she can get her meds refilled. Anyone have a recommendation? I sure don't relish the thought of calling dozens of offices and quizzing them like I did before in Indiana.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 AM

170 posts, read 624,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheezer View Post
Hello all,

We have made the move to the Orlando area and are loving it. Should have done it a long time ago.

My wife has moderate to severe fibromyalgia and we need to find a local physician so that she can get her meds refilled. Anyone have a recommendation? I sure don't relish the thought of calling dozens of offices and quizzing them like I did before in Indiana.

Thanks in advance for your input!
If the meds are strong narcotics you will need to go to a pain clinic. We found out that family practioners do not write prescriptions for pain killers. The laws in Florida are very strict.

There is a reputable pain clinic near Dr. Phillips Hospital called the National Pain Institute at 7364 Stonerock Circle, Suite A, Orlando, FL 32819; phone (407) 288-8080.

Best of luck.

iuki

Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM

70 posts, read 129,064 times
I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and in the past few years also have fibromyalgia symptoms. I moved here over 2 years ago and I have been flying back once a year to my Dr. in PA who is an expert and has cured himself of CFS. (Also he is the only one I trust right now to do my paperwork for Disability because he understands the illness) I have also found a Dr. here in Central Florida and showed my Dr. in PA what he is trying to do and he thought it was fine.

His name is Dr. Hudson and he is in Winter Park. Believe me it is hard to find a Dr. here in Central Florida that understand CFS and fibromyalgia. In my search for a Dr. I had a Dr. ask me in his office why anyone would want to marry me if I had this illness, that was really cold=( Needless to say I never went back to him.

I think Dr. Hudson should be worth the try. Other friends here in Central FL with CFS/ fibromyalgia recommended him to me. If you find someone else let me know because I have really searched.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,811 times
Default FMS Dr.

The closest expert is Dr. Staud in Gainesville at UF. He wrote the book: Fibromyalgia For Dummies and presents his FM research in a yearly symposium. [mod]no links with less than 10 posts[/mod]

Last edited by Granny Sue; 01-01-2011 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: no links with less than 10 posts

Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,978 times
Hello Gheezer,

There seems to be some very good advice here on these forums. We would be more than happy to assist you if you have not been able to locate anyone. Wellquest Health 2921 Vineland Rd Kissimmee, FL 34746 Phone (321)249-7772. Just make sure whoever you go to is indeed reputable as I am sure you know a lot of the clinics are not anymore, and you are trusting them with not only your health, but your personal information.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or