Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 AM

23 posts, read 135,487 times

Advertisements

Thanks if you know,, I've been looking for 20 minutes everywhere and can't find it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 21,920 times
I called the Orlando City Hall, and unbelievably, they don't set times for trick-or-treating. The woman on the phone said it's up to each individual neighborhood when they do it, and unless you have an HOA to call, it sounds like you have to check with neighbors or others in the area. Kind of a weird answer, I know!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
I've never heard of tirck or treat times.. I grew up in that side of town and we went out when ever we wanted to. If you're participating in giving out candy you had your porch light on and if you didnt have candy you turned your porch light off. I usually went out right at sunset and came in around 9:30 and later as i got older. You see a few yonger kids/todlers out right before sunset.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 AM

47 posts, read 171,180 times
Default Someone Please Help. Trick or Treat hours

I have searched all over the place. Because we just came here from Ohio, I am not sure what the trick or treat hours are. I am looking for the hours for Winter Park. I want to take my kids from house to house and have a nice neighborhood in mind, where my friend lives and we are going with her, and my address is winter park, but I just can not find out the hours from anyone. I tried to call the police station (someone from the main winter park line game me that number), along with probably 4 other places and no one knows what to tell me. I am going to go out on a limb here LOL and say it is the 31st, but what times? Any information would be appreciated. I did see the information about the festival, which I will be doing that also, but I want to know about later that evening wen it is actual trick or treating time. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 AM

Oh. I posted a tread like this, but I thought I was in Seminal county, so I never thought to look here. So, you are saying that we go and if the lights on, just go to the house? Weird lol. We always had a set time for trick or treating at home. What would be the best time? 7? We are going to go to winter park, in a nice neighborhood. Advice would be appreciated lol. I a sooo lost.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
There are no trick or treat hours. I've never heard of such a thing. I would say from sunset to around 9 are the prime hours. And yes its on the 31st, thats halloween. Hope this helps.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Yes it is on the 31st this year....the day rarely changes. As GLS2010 stated it's usually for 6-9pm...at least those are the hours I'll be away from my house lol.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
You'll know when to stop going to the houses because more lights will start going off, and people will have run out of candy.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
grant516

n/a posts
Man, where I grew up in New York, especially on a weekend- you'd trick or treat from 9AM until 9PM! Nobody had lights on or off, you just guessed your best- and if someone had nothing... you'd egg their house ! =)

Old 10-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Ya, I got a call from a city official and they said the same thing. She said she normally takes her kiddos out at 6 or 6:30 and goes from there. lol It must be just in my old area in Ohio lol. I am glad, I don't think they gave the kids enough time where we use to live. Here we can trick or treat all night if we want lol and if people are willing. And there is a lot of other things to do that day, which we are going to do. I love this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando