Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 9,084 times

Advertisements

Hi I am moving to this area in Feb. I have been down to this area a few times and would like to get information on good areas. The areas I visited were Windermere, Winter Park, Orlando, and Kissimme. I want to be in the Orlando area or surrounding areas which would be close to making a commute to Tampa fairly reasonable.

Please let me know your opnions with Davenport area or Clermont. Also I would like to know the best areas of Orlando to live in as well that would be close to the

Thanks in advance on your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 11:25 PM

18 posts, read 47,241 times
Davenport would probably be a good place to consider. I am moving to Orlando and several people recommended Bella apartments. Here's a link...
Bella Apartments Orlando

I would've considered but I wanted to stay closer to family on the east side. This place is located on the southwest corner of Orlando which puts you closer to Tampa.

Good Luck!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
There is NO place in the Orlando area that offers a reasonable commute to Tampa, unless you consider four hours of your day in the car every day as reasonable.

Look in the Lakeland area, it puts you halfway between Orlando and Tampa. Winter park to Tampa? Have you actually looked at a map?

I live in Clermont and have a customer in Tampa. I head down there every few weeks, never during rush hour, and it still takes me 90 minutes each way--and they are on the north side near Busch Gardens.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There is NO place in the Orlando area that offers a reasonable commute to Tampa, unless you consider four hours of your day in the car every day as reasonable.

Look in the Lakeland area, it puts you halfway between Orlando and Tampa. Winter park to Tampa? Have you actually looked at a map?

I live in Clermont and have a customer in Tampa. I head down there every few weeks, never during rush hour, and it still takes me 90 minutes each way--and they are on the north side near Busch Gardens.
Not true ... I drive Dr Phillips to downtown Tampa (3) days a week at rush hour. Traffic into downtown Tampa moves right into town and I only experience a short delay (I-4 at I-75) going home - 1h 5m going and 1h 15m going home. Toss in a bad accident and those numbers go out the window. Back around 2005, traffic was much worse.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks so much everyone. I won't need to drive to Tampa on a regular but will on a few occasions. When we visited in July we stayed in Holiday inn sunspree right in the mix of tourists and we drove to Tampa (not sure the times of the day) but it was 45 mins to 1 hour tops. We stayed in Orlando a week and drove to Tampa I know at least 4 to 5 times.

I just wasn't sure what cities would make it a decent commute.

Also, I would like to know Davenport to Orlando is that a decent drive? Winter Park, Windermere are all cities we have been given to explore to live in. Any feed back would be appreciated

Old 11-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Will you have kids in school?

Old 11-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2011 View Post
Thanks so much everyone. I won't need to drive to Tampa on a regular but will on a few occasions. When we visited in July we stayed in Holiday inn sunspree right in the mix of tourists and we drove to Tampa (not sure the times of the day) but it was 45 mins to 1 hour tops. We stayed in Orlando a week and drove to Tampa I know at least 4 to 5 times.

I just wasn't sure what cities would make it a decent commute.

Also, I would like to know Davenport to Orlando is that a decent drive? Winter Park, Windermere are all cities we have been given to explore to live in. Any feed back would be appreciated
45 minutes to drive 75 miles from LBV to Tampa? Just how fast were you going?

Old 11-29-2010, 02:42 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
45 minutes to drive 75 miles from LBV to Tampa? Just how fast were you going?
Weren't you the one who can drive from Clermont to Atlanta in a little over 5 hours and you're asking about speed ?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Weren't you the one who can drive from Clermont to Atlanta in a little over 5 hours and you're asking about speed ?
Takes me about six hours from my house to ATL-Hartsfield which is 420 miles with one quick stop to fuel up and use the restroom. There was someone claiming to do the drive from Orlando to Atlanta in five hours, it wasn't me.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Yes I have kids in school. I wasn't going deep into Tampa so maybe that had to do with it. I have a friend who used to live there and she would drive it in about 45 to a 1 hour. Its a easy drive from the times when I drove it when we were down there. Maybe it was a little more then 45 mins but it wasn't 90 mins by any means.

Again thanks so much we have picked a area that we will be moving to with the help of a great realtor!!!! I am sure I will have more questions and look forward to posting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando