Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:24 AM

59 posts, read 182,414 times

Advertisements

Wow, I didn't believe my cousins when they told me they had seen fall foliage while visiting the parks. Maybe I'll go this upcoming weekend. Our "Fall Foliage" in Miami (on occasion), doesn't happen until late February, early March. And it's mostly a bright burnt orange w/ some browns & a few yellows..., Nature is something else, isn't it...,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrosa1990 View Post
Wow, I didn't believe my cousins when they told me they had seen fall foliage while visiting the parks. Maybe I'll go this upcoming weekend. Our "Fall Foliage" in Miami (on occasion), doesn't happen until late February, early March. And it's mostly a bright burnt orange w/ some browns & a few yellows..., Nature is something else, isn't it...,
Yeah we usually only get a few patches here and there but this due to the cold there are large areas of burning reds, browns and oranges. It's unusual but really nice.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Here's my first attempt at downloading pics. Not the greatest but you can see some colors. This was walking to work this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Fall foliage in metro Orlando-tree3.jpg   Fall foliage in metro Orlando-tree4.jpg   Fall foliage in metro Orlando-tree2.jpg  

Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Here's a photo taken in Orlando a couple days ago. I dont know where in Orlando it is, I found it on flickr.

Fall Colors in Orlando | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubybayan/5258752698/ - broken link)
I recognize those homes GLS. That is Williamsburg. Its a community off Central Florida Parkway situated between John Young Parkway and I-4, that looks like my grandmother's street actually judging by the house numbers on the mailbox there. It was mostly a retirement community but now a lot of young families have moved in, the neighborhood is VERY affordable and safe

And speaking of Central Florida Parkway, there is a beautiful patch of fall color along CFL Pkwy between John Young and Orangewood Blvd

Another good spot for fall color is the 417 between 528 and Curry Ford Road, I remember that this time last year how nice those colors were

Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Here's my first attempt at downloading pics. Not the greatest but you can see some colors. This was walking to work this morning.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,073 times
There are some OK places for fall foliage near Winter Park. Pretty much anyplace where there are gum, sycamore, and especially maple trees. Maple are extremely rare in Fla and do not handle our heat or soils but where you do see them, even all the way down here, the colors are a bright red/orange.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I recognize those homes GLS. That is Williamsburg. Its a community off Central Florida Parkway situated between John Young Parkway and I-4, that looks like my grandmother's street actually judging by the house numbers on the mailbox there. It was mostly a retirement community but now a lot of young families have moved in, the neighborhood is VERY affordable and safe

And speaking of Central Florida Parkway, there is a beautiful patch of fall color along CFL Pkwy between John Young and Orangewood Blvd

Another good spot for fall color is the 417 between 528 and Curry Ford Road, I remember that this time last year how nice those colors were
I agree. the expressways on the east side of town have great views of color, like where you said and the 408 east between the 417 and Waterford lakes. I'm going to take pictures soon.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I agree. the expressways on the east side of town have great views of color, like where you said and the 408 east between the 417 and Waterford lakes. I'm going to take pictures soon.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
The east side is a good spot for fall color, as heavily populated as east Orlando is, its amazing how much room is STILL there to grow, especially east of 417. Lake Nona is going to be so big one day once the Medical City is really cranking, and Narcoosee Road will be 6 lanes by then and clogged with rush hour traffic, it wont be a rural exurb after that. I can see it now

I love hearing good things about my hometown

Go Orlando!

Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The east side is a good spot for fall color...
You are so right! I passed through the east side today on my way to Christmas to mail my Christmas cards and was compelled to snap some shots along the way.

Heading West Now

Oh I think I see some orange on those trees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando