Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 04:37 PM

56 posts, read 314,165 times

Advertisements

Congrats on your job. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Try rent.com or forrent.com and look for Dr. Phillips and Windermere. I am not quite sure what the correct zip codes are though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 05:12 AM

103 posts, read 392,080 times
First,congratuation to you!ha ha.Working in the Disney will be intersting,more funny.I envy you!But the place where you will live depend on your condition,convenient , the transportation and so on.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
tmh

10 posts, read 35,767 times
My husband also will be transfering his job to downtown disney. I lived in Orlando about 6 years back for college, so I am familiar with east Orlando. And I lived in metrowest right before I moved out of Orlando and I noticed at that time crime in Metrowest was starting to become a problem and have heard since it has only gotten worse. Now that I have 2 young girls we will want to rent a house somewhere in a family oriented safe community. My oldest daughter will be starting kindergarden in a year so we do want an area with good schools. We would prefer my husband not have to sit in i-4 traffic.

We will be able to afford around $1300/mo in rent. What towns do you recommend? I was wondering about some towns outside of Orlando like Saint Cloud, Davenport and also Dr. Phillips, Hunter's Creek. Not really interested in going too far north, like Lake Mary. And not wanting to go back out to the UCF area. It seems from what I have been reading that Orlando has gotten worse as far as crime goes since I last lived there 6 years ago and I am not really sure where we should move.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Old 07-20-2007, 05:00 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,888 times
Windermere's zip: 34786
Dr. Phillips': 32819 be careful of this zip though - there are some shady areas in the east part of it.

Look on Craigslist.com for some rentals - you would be surprised at what you could get for around $1000.

Good luck again

Old 07-20-2007, 06:01 PM

33 posts, read 98,909 times
If you want to be close to Disney..........Try Williamsburg 32821 zip...Hunters Creek 32837..........Dr.Phillips is close also, good luck I am trying to leave Florida ASAP

Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM

18 posts, read 138,222 times
Check Google maps and zoom in around Orlando at just west of I4 and Sand Lake Rd. There, at the 7th zoom bar from the top, you will see Dr. Phillips area and then a little north and west and see the Windermere area. I don't know much about Dr. P, but Windermere is VERY pricey. Very nice areas though. I'd live there if I could afford it.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,008 times
Hi I am 61yrs. old, retired and heard that Disney employees old people part time, and they only have to do 40hrs a yr. is that true and how can I get information on employment. Thank you Bobby V.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,915 times
You may also want to check out Winter Garden 34787, this is right next to Windermere. I work part time at Disney as well as being a realtor and from my front door to the Magic Kingdom parking lot it only takes me 15 min max. What is your budget and which part will you be working in so we can better offer advice.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 AM

4 posts, read 17,282 times
Wow after going through all of these different forums I never realized that Orlando had much crime. My goal is to leave this horrible expensive and did I mention , horrible state I live in (New Jersey), and move to Florida. Both my husband and I work for the post officemand he is close to retirement because he is 14 yrs older than me. We have small schildren so he would still need to work. I want him to just drive the little buses between parks lol! But as for me I will even deal with losing all of my seniority in the post office to get out of jersey. I want to be close to the disney area but not feeling living around any crime. i have a 4000 sq ft home here that cost me 500000 that I dont have and we have 10000 prop taxes a year thats starting to get on my nerves. I want to live somewhere very nice, zero crime but close to stores and convenience.

What do you suggest?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,915 times
There are a couple of great areas, indeed i live in one of them, lovely homes, low crime in my opinion, we never hear about anything, good schools, new outdoor shopping and we have a view of the Magic Kingdoms nightly fireworks aswell. You are never going to find zero crime but by making wise decisions you can select areas which have lesser crime. Also i work part time for Disney and my commute from my front door to the Magic Kingdom parking lot is 15 min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando