Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 AM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times

Advertisements

Great, thank you again. I've got some very good selections here.

I'll check 'em all out, look at the websites, etc. and then I'm off. Just looking for a few quality, casual, not fine dining kind of places. Christini's will probably be my fine dining selection. Maybe another. After full days we just like to kick back, relax, go casual, enjoy some unpretentious kind of food.

I'll probably end up going to Bahama Breeze one night. I like that place.

Thanks again everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 AM

19 posts, read 44,527 times
The best steakhouse in town is not a chain -- it is Del Frisco's in north Orlando. This is not the same as the chain -- it is just one restaurant with a similar name.

Awards

http://delfriscosorlando.com/images/hor_spacer.gif (broken link)
  • International Diamond Award –American Academy of Hospitality Services
  • Zagat Survey 2009 – America’s Top Restaurants – Voted “Extraordinary” since 1997…
    “the best steak at any restaurant, in any city, at any price.”
  • Awarded “Best Steak” and “Best Restaurant to take Clients”
    By Orlando Sentinel Best 101-2009
  • Best of Seminole – Best Steakhouse and for a Business Meeting
  • Best Steakhouse in Orlando – CitySearch 2009
  • 2009 Orlando Sentinel “Best in Dining” FOODIE Awards –
    Best High-End Steakhouse by Readers and Critic’s Choice
  • Orlando Magazine 2009 Dining Award – Best Steakhouse and Best Restaurant
    for a Business Dinner.
  • IVY Award of Distinction
  • Best Steakhouse – Silver Spoon Orlando Leisure Magazine
  • Maxim Magazine – NY rated Del Frisco’s as one of the 10 greatest Steakhouses in America.
  • AOL Cityguide – Voted No.1 Steakhouse
  • Prestigious Golden Spoon Award – Florida Trend Magazine
  • Voted “Best Steak” and “Best Wine Selection” and “Best Place to Entertain a Client for Dinner” by Orlando Business Journal Readers.
  • Restaurant That Says Orlando Best. Best Steakhouse. Best Restaurant To Seal a Deal. Best Old Favorite. Best Place to Celebrate – Dining Awards 2006 Orlando Magazine

Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Great, thank you again. I've got some very good selections here.

I'll check 'em all out, look at the websites, etc. and then I'm off. Just looking for a few quality, casual, not fine dining kind of places. Christini's will probably be my fine dining selection. Maybe another. After full days we just like to kick back, relax, go casual, enjoy some unpretentious kind of food.

I'll probably end up going to Bahama Breeze one night. I like that place.

Thanks again everyone.
Just an FYI, I've never been to Christini's but several people tell me its super-expensive and a bit over-rated for the food you get.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:49 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Just an FYI, I've never been to Christini's but several people tell me its super-expensive and a bit over-rated for the food you get.
Agreed.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I know. I've been there several times. Like I said, it might be my "fine dining" night kind of thing.

I like the place very much -- every single time I go, I have a very good experience . . . excellent drinks at the bar, always a good table and I always enjoy the food very much. Very flavorful, variety of offerings, nice portions, etc.

So . . . if I was going to go the "fine dining" route once or twice . . . what would you recommend instead of Christini's?

Thanks again.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Agreed.

Fine dining? What would you recommend?

The other thing about Christini's is that while it's fine dining -- it's Italian. Just a nice combo. So what do you like for fine dining in Orlando? Thanks.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
I know. I've been there several times. Like I said, it might be my "fine dining" night kind of thing.

I like the place very much -- every single time I go, I have a very good experience . . . excellent drinks at the bar, always a good table and I always enjoy the food very much. Very flavorful, variety of offerings, nice portions, etc.

So . . . if I was going to go the "fine dining" route once or twice . . . what would you recommend instead of Christini's?

Thanks again.
Have you tried Chatham's place? It's not too far away from there. A lot of people seem to prefer that. It's a bit more fusion/eclectic than Christini's from what I hear.

I've also heard that the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria is a very nice steakhouse that might fit into your "fine dining" category.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Have you tried Chatham's place? It's not too far away from there. A lot of people seem to prefer that. It's a bit more fusion/eclectic than Christini's from what I hear.

I've also heard that the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria is a very nice steakhouse that might fit into your "fine dining" category.
Never tried that place. Thanks.

I actually have an event at the Waldorf Astoria, but I don't know if it's at the Bull & Bear. I'll check.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando