Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM

20 posts, read 36,642 times

Advertisements

How is Christmas? How far outside of the city? Is it safe? etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:27 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
Ahh Christmas, It Snows and is Very Chilly All Year. The Elves have homes out near the creek where they spend most of their time training. Santa and his raindeer always go to Bithlo to do warm up laps to get ready to deliver gifts for christmas. You can find any gift you want at the worlds largest shopping store (The Christmas Bonanza). nah Im Kiddding

Christmas, is Christmas.....no real explanation. It's about 23 miles outside of downtown Orlando due east on S.R. 50.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
It's very rural and quiet, southern feel, not high class

Old 01-09-2011, 06:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
I have drove through Christmas several times and for me it looked kind of dumpy.

The Christmas decorations on top of the roof tops in July might have something to do with that opinion.

Very rural feel with many rough houses from the trips I have made through the area.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:31 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
The Christmas you see from HWY 50 is very run down and kind of campy but if you get off the main drag...take a ride down by the county park there...I believe the road is Ft Christmas Rd and you'll see some nice developments which leads to some even nicer ones.

You will have to travel for your shopping...Titusville is closer than Orlando for that.
No crime to speak of, very quiet.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
The Christmas you see from HWY 50 is very run down and kind of campy but if you get off the main drag...take a ride down by the county park there...I believe the road is Ft Christmas Rd and you'll see some nice developments which leads to some even nicer ones.

You will have to travel for your shopping...Titusville is closer than Orlando for that.
No crime to speak of, very quiet.
Love going to Ft. Christmas. Haven't been up that way in a couple years but remember double wides on a lot of the lots along that road. We used to take Taylor Creek Rd from 520 to 50 when our son was at UCF. Saw then there was more to Christmas than the little store, post office, and dated Christmas tree in the town. I guess my thoughts on Christmas would be country rural.

By the way when you take Taylor Creek Road at night alone, you can imagine the "Swamp man" walking out of the brush where the creek is. LOL It is a cool road with a chance to see Florida wild life like wild hogs and turkeys, etc.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
If you take ft Christmas up into Seminole county there are some nice developments and big homes on land.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:29 AM

66 posts, read 207,396 times
The great thing about Christmas is it has the only post office which is delivered and allowed to open letters to santa.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhernandez48 View Post
The great thing about Christmas is it has the only post office which is delivered and allowed to open letters to santa.
Wow...that sounds like some task! I was just in there this week! We decided we are going to mail our Christmas cards from there next year now that we know where it is

It is very rural...not much out there...very pretty if you ask me...lots of trees and not much else. You will have a drive to get anything...groceries..doctor, school, etc. Lots of nature in return! What is your special interest in Christmas?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 AM

55 posts, read 227,246 times
Is there any nice places in Christmas area to lease, that are not too expensive and you can have horses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando