Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:23 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times

Advertisements

in the news recently "farfur" the mickey mouse look-a-like on an al jazeera children's program was killed. does anyone believe that it could be a hint that disney world or orlando will be attacked next or am i just reading too much into it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
It should come as no surprise to anyone that Disney would be a prime target of Muslim terrorists - it has been for quite a long time. The simple truth is they can't get to it. You don't usually hear me compliement the government very often, but as far as protecting us from terrorism, it has done a fantastic job. Could it do better? Sure, but the fact that there has been no successful terrorist attack on US soil since 911 is a major accomplishment.

Do you really think the terrorists would be advertising "death to Disney" right before carrying out such an attack? No way. This is nothing more than an attempt by ignorant, uneducated and evil thugs to frighten Americans. I guess you can buy into that kind of psychological terrorism if you want to, but I pay no credence to it.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:56 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
i know, it would seem stupid to clue us in on their plans but it seems that maybe they are into the warnings. sorry but sometimes i half-listen to the news and i thought i heard something about the terrorists liking to warn us 3x before the big one because the koran states that 3x is the thing to do. who the heck knows what these radicals are thinking and why they think it.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
All I got to say is they are constantly making Islam a BAD religion. If they believe in God so much why are they brainwashing their kids at such an early age, what a shame and waste of a real life God has blessed them with.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 AM

302 posts, read 1,049,618 times
Stop thinking Goofy!!! Mickey and Minnie will be fine! We have no clue where or when. We are just an easy a target as Oklahoma and 9/11. We have to live our lives and not be bothered of this nonsense.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
All I got to say is they are constantly making Islam a BAD religion. If they believe in God so much why are they brainwashing their kids at such an early age, what a shame and waste of a real life God has blessed them with.
Do you really think Islam is based on extremist Jihadist beliefs?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 PM

239 posts, read 799,539 times
I think Mickey Mouse is a symbol of what those idiots believe to be all that is wrong with America. They use Mickey in a kid's cartoon like they would use Uncle Sam in propoaganda aimed at adults.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM

239 posts, read 799,539 times
Default Ugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Do you really think Islam is based on extremist Jihadist beliefs?

Oh god, here we go again. Some but not all...sometimes but not always...maybe, but not for sure, etc. Blah blah blah. We can't even speak anymore without using a series of qualifying statements - or some pseudo intellectual starts asking what they believe to be enlightened questions.

When Muslims stand up and condemn their insane counterparts on a national stage, then actively engage the fringe by spreading counter messages, cooperating with international intelligence agencies, and ousting the vilest among them, then YES. Until then, it’s just lip service from a bunch of Neanderthals who are using their crazies to do what they secretly think needs to be done.

Of course, some but not all…blah blah blah.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

13 posts, read 61,235 times
I don't think it will ever happen. It would be the equivalent of bombing Pearl Harbor. We are talking kids here - kids dead and dying on TV. Our enemy would be waking a sleeping giant the likes of which they have never imagined and they are too smart for that.

Mike/CF

Old 07-17-2007, 12:23 PM

184 posts, read 863,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
Oh god, here we go again. Some but not all...sometimes but not always...maybe, but not for sure, etc. Blah blah blah. We can't even speak anymore without using a series of qualifying statements - or some pseudo intellectual starts asking what they believe to be enlightened questions.

When Muslims stand up and condemn their insane counterparts on a national stage, then actively engage the fringe by spreading counter messages, cooperating with international intelligence agencies, and ousting the vilest among them, then YES. Until then, it’s just lip service from a bunch of Neanderthals who are using their crazies to do what they secretly think needs to be done.

Of course, some but not all…blah blah blah.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando