Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 AM

307 posts, read 2,106,780 times

Advertisements

I've always been a proud resident of Lake Mary, and we've been happy living here for over 12 years now. Today I learned that Money magazine has nominated Lake Mary for the #4 place in the country to live! The article below goes into detail about this wonderful town.

Best Places to Live 2007 - Money Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM

239 posts, read 799,539 times
I suppose I could agree if you can live and work in Lake Mary.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:46 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
lake mary = nice town with lots and lots of traffic.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM

48 posts, read 262,670 times
Default Look at this article

The riskiest housing markets - Buy a House: MLS Listings & Home Buying Tips - MSN Real Estate

Interesting article right in the main stories from msn.com

And Orlando/Kissimmee is in the list.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 13,244 times
Default what about Oviedo,FL

Before moving to Florida we looked at alot of houses online in Lake Mary but wee told it would be to far from where my husband was going to be working. I still don't know much about the Oviedo area or Orlando.Any information would be appreciated

Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
Personally, I like the Oviedo area better than the Lake Mary area - it's just not as congested out there as it is around Lake Mary. I prefer those areas of Oviedo that are closer to Winter Springs, and not near UCF.

However, for those of you that think the 417 is an easier route to downtown Orlando than I-4, it's not that much better. It comes to a dead stop before you can get on the 408 during rush hour. And, it's pretty much stop and go through the toll plaza and sometimes all the way past the I-4 intersection. Exiting the toll plaza on the 408 is a free-for-all, a real mess! Plus, unlike I-4, you have to pay for all of this fun.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 44,133 times
Default Public School--Lake Mary & Oviedo

I am planning to relocate further up north from the South Florida area. I am very concerned about finding really good public schools for my son, and my daughter would like to attend UCF. From searching homes online, I have come up with either Oviedo or Lake Mary as relocation possibilities. It's extremely difficult to find affordable housing in these areas, but I have come upon some townhome/condo communities which seem appropriate. Even though these are very desirable areas, I question how good the public schools are. I know they are "A" rated, but there were some quite negative comments on greatschools.net--but sometimes it's hard to tell, there will always be some negative comments everywhere. My son currently attends an "A+" rated middle school in South Florida that he seems very happy with, and I don't want him to be unhappy in another school system. FCATs are very important since he already repeated one grade and I don't want this happening again. I know the FCAT grades in Oviedo compare to the school he currently attends. Does anyone have personal experiences or knowledge that they can share with me regarding public schools in Oviedo or Lake Mary? Thank you.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 7,440 times
Don't mean to offend but i worked in the Lake Mary area for ten years. While doing that, five of those years I lived in Orlando but all those places are crowded. I chose to move to Lake County to Eustis. I love it. You can chose to live in the city area of Eustis or move into the country area of Eustis or you can chose to live in the more expensive Mount Dora. It is hilly rolling country with greenery around you especially on the backroads. It is a very different Florida. Check out this area. as i said I worked in Lake Mary area for 5 years a 30 minute ride into town. No offence to Lake Maryians but I was sure glad to take my peaceful country ride home to Eustis every evening.
The town of Eustis has everything but what i like is that i drive a few miles away from the town center and I am in horse country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando