Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 7,572 times

Advertisements

I am from South Africa and are planning a holiday from the 1st of October at Disney world. I saw many warnings for rain. This is the only time that the parks are not so busy and my kids are on holiday here. how will the rain be this time? How much was the rain in October 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 AM

193 posts, read 623,864 times
In October of 2010 we had less than average rainfall in the Orlando area. Climate Summary for Florida October 2010

I haven't seen any predictions for October 2011 yet. It can be rainy since that is still hurricane season in Florida. We can get some pretty severe wind/rain storms but usually September is the month with the most rain.
Having said that, I still think October is one of the best months to visit this area.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
October is a great time to visit. That is when we start to transition off the incredibly hot summer into the cooler months. You might still get some super-hot days, but you might get lucky and have perfect weather. Rain is not too much of a concern...it is much worse in the summer. October - April are the best months to visit Orlando.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:31 PM

80 posts, read 231,095 times
October is the slowest time for Disney so you can find great packages that include free dining/reduced rates etc .

good luck!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM

7 posts, read 22,825 times
October is a great time to visit. We came last year in October and while it turned out that they had hotter than normal weather the week we were there the lack of humidity still made it a feel wonderful. The parks were no where near as full as they were when we visited in June and July. You will have a wonderful time.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
I also think its a great time to visit. In October you will see a lot of people from the UK, they have a Fall break at that time and come over. The weather is still warm so you can enjoy the sun, the pools and the water parks to their fullest extent.

In October they have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, it requires separate admission AND its loads of fun. You don't have to wear a costume but it makes it more fun. Bring something to collect candy because they hand it out through-out The Magic Kingdom. They have a special Halloween Parade as well.

Another thing I always tell people when they are going to visit is if you want to eat somewhere that requires reservations, they start booking three months in advance. When my daughter had one of her birthdays, we ate in the Castle at The Magic Kingdom but those reservations are at a premium, I called three months in advance, literally when the call center opened to get them.
407-WDW-DINE is the number to call to set up reservations.

If I recall correctly, The Food and Wine Festival is going on at Epcot in October. They have wine and beers from other countries and food as well. They have some cook demos. My favorite part of this is the concert series, often times you can get autographs from the bands and pictures with members of the band. My daughter got to dance with Chubby Checker one year, just Chubby and my daughter on stage, it was so much fun. He was teaching her to do the twist.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Disney is great fun.

Last edited by Lindsey_Mcfarren; 01-29-2011 at 07:51 PM..

Old 09-20-2011, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,853 times
this will be our 2nd time to come in October, I only remember it raining 1 day but it didn't stop us. Weather was pretty much perfect and less crowd, it's a wonderful time to go. I will be there 0ct2-9 can't wait to arrive !! I have been to Disney many times March,June,July, Sept & October is my favorite time.. good luck from Texas

Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,201 times
October is not as slow as it used to be with the Food and Wine festival and the various Halloween events at the different parks,MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom,Horror Nights at Universal etc..but overall it's a great time to come.Later in the month you are likely to see temperatures start to come down along with less rain,so you are still likely to get some hot temperatures and rain early in the month but it's still better than mid summer.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:05 PM

268 posts, read 890,061 times
I wouldn't worry about the rain...even during the rainy months it is sunny most of the day and rains for about an hour in the late afternoon. You should be fine in October!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando