U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 8,712 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving to either post parkside near lake eola or the post community in baldwin park. I was wondering if anyone has lived at either and could suggest one over the other? I'm a young, single, professional and would like a nice place to live with some things in walking distance. I haven't heard great things about the post parkside though. Any help is appreciated, and I will be working within Orlando Health downtown. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:49 PM

13,095 posts, read 15,906,284 times
All of the Post properties in Atlanta (where Post is based) are very well built and managed, but also a bit overpriced for the market. I suspect Orlando is also the case?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 AM

4,155 posts, read 7,613,696 times
Post Parkside has the better location imo but it's also an older building and has been known to have some problems. Baldwin Park is also a nice location but more family oriented. It is new construction so I imagine the units are very nice. The commute from Post Parkside to ORMC is probably around 5 minutes, approximatly 15-20 min from Baldwin depending on traffic.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM

How about Delaney park? Can you really walk to downtown from here? The leasing agent/realtor told me you could but it looks kind of far on a map.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 9,826 times
I looked at Post Parkside also and to tell you the truth, was immediately turned off. It's in a great location, but compared with some of the other options close by, you're paying a lot for an older property with just 'so-so' amenities.

In terms of the walk from Delaney Park to downtown, it's a couple miles...not to say that it's not doable, but it's not something I'd want to do very often (if at all).

What price range are you looking to stay within as far as monthly rent goes?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 PM

Honestly, I'd like to stay below 1200. I would like to be able to walk to things and live in an area with other professional singles, which seems like downtown but everything is just really expensive in that area. I definitely felt like you pay way too much for what you get at the post in downtown. I would also like to be able to run and cycle around where I live and feel safe. Thank you for the advice!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM

4,155 posts, read 7,613,696 times
You can still do downtown in that price range. Look on Craiglists, there are many privately owned affordable options. I have lived DT for and have never busted the bank. Of course u will have to get roomates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or