U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM

18 posts, read 44,512 times

Advertisements

Moving to the area. I know Stoneybrook West is about as uppity as it gets, but can you recommend any subdivisions that are comparable?

What can you tell me about: Emerald Ridge, Indepence, Signature Lakes, Grovehurst or Regency Oaks?

I don't want a neighborhood that is going down hill or has ghetto cars in the driveways. Looking for a very nice neighborhood without the price tag of SBW. What areas/subdivisions should I avoid? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Last edited by Sunny3; 02-17-2011 at 06:02 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 08:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,672,565 times
Emerald Ridge - Just no, neighborhood isn't impressive at all and there is a sewage treatment station right at the rear entrance to the neighborhood.

Independence and Signature lakes are more or less the same neighborhood. Very nice, but there are still 20-30% empty lots to the back of the neighborhood, though lennar is currently trying to build them out the neighborhood will still be under construction for some time. All in all though the neighborhood is nice, many of the foreclosures have cycled through (though of course there are still some).

GroveHurst and Regency Oaks are also about the same neighborhoods. I'd recomment them, the nicer homes though are towards the back of the neighborhood, and I don't know if I'd go for any of the homes along Daniels Rd or backing to the Winter Garden Village.

What was your aversion to StoneyBrook West though? I dont' think i'd describe it as uppity? It is the only guard gated community in the area and the HOA is strict....but just about every new subdivision around the area has a strict HOA. Smaller homes in Stoneybrook can be had for ~150K

Other neighborhoods you can look into are Black Lake Park, Bay Isle, Glynwood. And Also Summerport, Eden Isle, Berkshire Park, Lakes of Windermere, and Providence in the Windermere address.

There's literally sevearl dozen in the area, it's going to depend on what price range and what size home you are looking for.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:12 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,947,716 times
I'd be leery of Summerport, lots of construction problems and still a high foreclosure rate.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM

184 posts, read 373,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'd be leery of Summerport, lots of construction problems and still a high foreclosure rate.
We live in Summerport and love it! We've had zero construction problems and neither have our neighbors. Another nice community is "Wintermere Harbor". It's gated, friendly, beautiful homes with bigger side yards. Stonecrest is nice as is Black Lake. All of this is within a couple miles of the new Shopping center, Winter Garden Villages and 5-6 miles from Disney! No going on 4.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,382,278 times
My mom lives in Winter Garden (but in a old historic house) and I love visiting her there! That town has such a small-town feel but close to everything. I love the downtown area, the farmers market on the weekends, the feed store, etc!

Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
We live in Summerport and love it! We've had zero construction problems and neither have our neighbors. Another nice community is "Wintermere Harbor". It's gated, friendly, beautiful homes with bigger side yards. Stonecrest is nice as is Black Lake. All of this is within a couple miles of the new Shopping center, Winter Garden Villages and 5-6 miles from Disney! No going on 4.
You're lucky, I have several friends in Summerport with ongoing issues with their homes due to construction defects.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You're lucky, I have several friends in Summerport with ongoing issues with their homes due to construction defects.
Wierd. We've had no probs and never heard our neighbors talk of any either. Who's their builder?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot66 View Post
Wierd. We've had no probs and never heard our neighbors talk of any either. Who's their builder?
Levitt

Old 02-18-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Levitt
Oh ok, I don't know anyone with a Levitt home. I didn't even know they built in Summerport!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,949,170 times
To clarify, the query was about Winter Garden,not Windermere. Summerport is Windermere. There were several builders in there. Ryland and others.

To answer the query about the high end communities in Winter Garden

Wintermere, Bronson's Landing and Sunset Lakes would be the ones I'd place above Black Lake, Regency, and even Stoneybrook... I think the East version is better than the West of the later...

Bronson is the newest in the neighborhood and the homes are nice, with thick wall construction, tile roofs, some on a pond, many with pools and fairly large. You can expect to pay in the 450-500k range. A client of mine moved in there a little over a year ago...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or