U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 AM

114 posts, read 257,094 times

Advertisements

Kisha,

The only advice I have for now is securing a job BEFORE you move.

I think that is essential.

As far as anything else, I think raising your son in Orlando is better than doing it in Chicago. Just my opinion.

But getting work is essential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM

15 posts, read 23,950 times
Quote:
One of the main reasons that I am moving to the central Florida area is to save on family vacations.
I wish some people would realize that federal supported programs such as section 8 housing assistance is NOT there to help you save for family vacations.

Want my opinion? Find a home somewhere YOU CAN AFFORD without federal assistance and be accountable for your worthless self and stop feeling good about the fact that WE as taxpayers are supporting your ass so you can go to Disney!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 AM

10 posts, read 12,456 times
Foxworthfamily, I'm wondering why you don't move back to CT if Florida is such an awful place?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 AM

3,447 posts, read 5,590,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
I wish some people would realize that federal supported programs such as section 8 housing assistance is NOT there to help you save for family vacations.

Want my opinion? Find a home somewhere YOU CAN AFFORD without federal assistance and be accountable for your worthless self and stop feeling good about the fact that WE as taxpayers are supporting your ass so you can go to Disney!
Disgusting attitude, please don't listen to a post like this.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Disgusting or not, it's the TRUTH. People need to stop thinking it's everyone elses job to support your sorry ass so you can save for vacations, fancy cars, etc.

On second thought, come on down... I moved here in Nov 2010 and I've never seen a place with more people on WIC and food stamps. It seems that's the normal down here so you'd fit right in.

Everyone complains about our economy being so bad but the real problem is that most Americans are just a bunch of lazy people who think everyone will pay their bills.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Disgusting or not, it's the TRUTH. People need to stop thinking it's everyone elses job to support your sorry ass so you can save for vacations, fancy cars, etc.

On second thought, come on down... I moved here in Nov 2010 and I've never seen a place with more people on WIC and food stamps. It seems that's the normal down here so you'd fit right in.

Everyone complains about our economy being so bad but the real problem is that most Americans are just a bunch of lazy people who think everyone will pay their bills.
Yeah that's the real problem alright. Those lazy druggie welfare recipients, and all those teachers and their fancy benefits are reckin' the economy. I felt bad for the person you berated, but now I realize it's you I should feel bad for. One question though, at which point did you decide it was easier to attack the poor and government workers rather than take a look at whose policies have nearly wrecked this nation.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Want to talk Florida education? It's simply awful... and since when does a welfare recipient have to be a druggie? Just look at this thread. The recipient here claims to have a college education and makes 32k and yet still receives welfare benefits. Yes, section 8 housing assistance is welfare. Poor? She isn't poor, she could easily afford to pay her own way in life but instead she chooses to accept assistance so she can save for vacations.... a vacation is something you reward yourself with after a year or two of HARD work, not a year of defrauding the government.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM

I'd love to talk Florida education because you and I agree, it's awful. What's good though is that Florida spends less than any other state on each student and our fantastic teachers have managed to pull of 12 straight years of education gains. I think I see where you're going with the Florida education is awful argument, hey blame the teachers right? 32k a year in Chicago with a 4 year old in private school doesn't go as far as you'd think. Would she make that here, probably not. Even if she did, 32K a year is what, a little over $2,000 per month. Let's say she came to "your senses" and dropped her section 8 benefits, the cheapest she could rent a 2 bedroom down here would be around $700-$800 in a less than favorable area. Now she has $1200 left to pay her car insurance which she said is $150, her phones which are $150, her groceries $300 (cheap), electric $150, and tuition $150. After all that and assuming no gas, no food overages, no medical bills, no water bill, no increase in private tuition, no renter's insurance, no health insurance premiums (which she can't afford) etc, she would be left with $300 per month! Hell of a margin to have between you and poverty you think. The section 8 actually allows her to put a little cash away for a much needed and well deserved moment with her daughter which is important to children's development. This lady however might stand a chance down here on 32k, but in Chicago without the section 8 no chance. The truth is many people don't even make this with 2 people working and somehow make it but don't for a minute think it's anything short of a miracle. Shame on you for accusing her of defrauding the government for wanting to live the American dream.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 AM

You know what, I have no problem with people accepting assistance that needs it but in this case, given the facts she has posted she is in fact defrauding the government.

Private school... who you think is paying for that?

I bet this gal is driving around a late model car, has fancy clothes, etc all because of her acceptance of welfare. To each his own I guess... one day this country will wake up and make these people pay for their crimes... theft is theft! It's not an American dream... unless stealing, lying and cheating the government is the American dream these days.

Can't reply anymore today... I have to go to work to help pay for everyone else that is accepting government assistance!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
You know what, I have no problem with people accepting assistance that needs it but in this case, given the facts she has posted she is in fact defrauding the government.

Private school... who you think is paying for that?

I bet this gal is driving around a late model car, has fancy clothes, etc all because of her acceptance of welfare. To each his own I guess... one day this country will wake up and make these people pay for their crimes... theft is theft!
Let's start with Rick Scott, greedy corporations, and other politicians that put profit before people. As for this lady's private school, maybe it's a Catholic school that gives tuition breaks for low income folks. And you are way off base if you think that the majority of people on some form of government assistance are living the high life. Now if she said she doesn't work but deserves a fancy car, nice clothes, and theme park vacations, then I'd most likely agree that she's defrauding the government. Normally I'd ask you to list specifics as to how you've concluded that this lady is ripping off the system, but the main point of me engaging you in conversation in the first place was to tell you to shut it about your "I pay my taxes (as if she doesn't) BS."

Last edited by OrlFlaUsa; 04-06-2011 at 08:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando