U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:36 PM

31 posts, read 83,660 times

Advertisements

not at all, right above the sunset strip is amazing. my best friend has an apt not far from hollywood blvd and its not seedy but yes you can go a few blocks the other way and it will be. depends on exactly where your at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:14 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,114,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
Is that all you got? A silly question and nothing to back it up with? Considering the strippers wear pasties in this town and Miami allows full nude (last time I checked), calling Orlando "extremely seedy" is an insult. Yeah, I'm sure Orlando has some unpleasant areas, but playing the 'extreme' card is senseless.
Let me get this straight there are no nude strip clubs in Orlando? no high class ones etc? like big city stuff

Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 AM

4,679 posts, read 8,244,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
Is that all you got? A silly question and nothing to back it up with? Considering the strippers wear pasties in this town and Miami allows full nude (last time I checked), calling Orlando "extremely seedy" is an insult. Yeah, I'm sure Orlando has some unpleasant areas, but playing the 'extreme' card is senseless.
Thanks for the tip, next family vacation we're passing the mouse by and going to Miami..

Old 02-28-2011, 05:17 AM

812 posts, read 1,348,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Let me get this straight there are no nude strip clubs in Orlando? no high class ones etc? like big city stuff
Please note that this information is based on my experience as a young twenty something almost 20 years ago (Miami experience), and the experience of a friend who visited Orlando almost a year ago. Not that I want to portray myself as someone who is a prude or 'above' going to a strip club. I just haven't made enough money over the past 20+ years to see the cost/"benefit" of going to be of value.

That being said, there is a 'chain' called Rachel's and they are VERY classy. The only 'problem' is they wear pasties and g-strings. There might be other clubs that I am not aware of, but I would be surprised if it was different. I remember that Rachel's about 4 years ago (when the laws were being protested) held nude plays (like Shakespeare and the like) to get around the nudity laws, but I have no clue if they have done anything like that since. Miami certainly had a great strip club scene 20 years ago. While I know some of the more interesting places have come and long since gone, there are still clubs there doing good business. The surviving clubs were not very seedy back in the day. I imagine they haven't declined since.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Thanks for the tip, next family vacation we're passing the mouse by and going to Miami..
Miami (certainly for adults) is a WONDERFUL place to VACATION. I wouldn't wish living there on Osama bin Laden, but it's a great place to party and have a great time.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 AM

399 posts, read 873,298 times
Seedy?
Maybe weedy at this time of year. Could use some good seeds though.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 AM

258 posts, read 713,046 times
Seedy? Haha... no.

There are many things you could call Orlando but 'seedy' wouldn't be one of them. But judging by the insightful one word post the OP made, I think this post was just trying to stir something up.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practice View Post
Seedy? Haha... no.

There are many things you could call Orlando but 'seedy' wouldn't be one of them. But judging by the insightful one word post the OP made, I think this post was just trying to stir something up.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 PM

269 posts, read 787,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGIRL910 View Post
not at all, right above the sunset strip is amazing. my best friend has an apt not far from hollywood blvd and its not seedy but yes you can go a few blocks the other way and it will be. depends on exactly where your at.
Yes, above sunset is nice but have you ever noticed the sidewalks? They haven't lined up in about 50 years!

Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM

674 posts, read 1,014,842 times
Lol, what is seedy slang for?....I'm guessing a slummy part of town. If so that's a bad choice of slang. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or