U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,418 times

Advertisements

I worked for Florida Hospital Flagler for 15 months 2010 to 2011. I was forced to resign after continuous attempts to change my shift from mornings to nights. I had to change my shift due to the fact that my daughter was born with hydrocephalus and has to have continuous doctor visits. During this time I was working in the morning, I was trying to obtain health insurance to continue care after moving from out of state. So finally we were blessed to get the health insurance but being the so called religious people they are, would not approve my transfer to another shift. What was even more hurtful was watching nurses(RN)'s transfer back and forth of the floor. And there I was with no other choice but to resign or risk the health of my child. I wonder if I was treated that way because I was a (CNA). And to add assult to injury. I am now being what they call black balled by Florida Hospital Flagler. I have been out of work for over a year and no one will hire me. I've been two interviews. Florida Hospital memorial and Halifax Hospital. Both the best Hospitals in Daytona Beach, where I'm living now. Interview goes fine until they check my last job for references. I never been fired or laid off. Worked 11 years straight. I put in my two week notice before I left Flagler and received my pto money after I left. I don't understand why they would do this. I really liked working there everyone was always nice. And its not the fact that it's just effecting me. I have four kids, we are barely making it. I've been working at a restaurant bring home maybe 120.00 dollars a week. My house is in foreclosure. How am I gonna pay my mortgage? I don't know if people are still reading these but I just had to get this out. Thank you for reading and pray for us.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,455 times
i'm saddened to see the slander of Fl Hosp.I'm a former employee of 12 years (on long-term disability due to illness). It may not be the most perfect place to work but Orlando Health is surely not either (worked there for 2.5yrs in admin) the things i saw happen there (a non-religious place) puts a rainbow over FL Hosp. For the people bad mouthing it... you excepted a position there by choice,, upon the hiring process it was explained what they represent and what they expect from you... you sign an agreement, so why are you complaining? you were well aware of their religious beliefs.. and BTW most people seek for God in times of sickness, trauma, deaths,, so its actually very comforting to be there.. aside from the many medical advances that are offered to the community. they have the latest equipment, the most successful transplants surgeries/units, state of the art Neuro Units, burn units, cardiac units, and lets not forget the new children's hospital, the only one in the country that disney put its name to (that means something-and it's not religion) and their cancer center that participates with many modern treatment testing, the only gamma knife for brain tumors,cancers,etc.. They also have centra cares all over town... and for the people that don't have insurance they have the "Shepard's Hope" all over town that are free to very minimal as a walk in basis...i admit it's not the most perfect place to work sometimes and some departments are cut throat, but it is a great place for medical care and some departments are very nice to work in, and I'm speaking mostly of Orlando Campus..i feel who ruins it is mostly administrators and middle management breathing down everyones throat...
The so-called competition really doesn't have the same things to offer the community... and they really are hard on the employees.. i witnessed it..

Last edited by zelim; 09-03-2013 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: adding

Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontina011 View Post
I worked for Florida Hospital Flagler for 15 months 2010 to 2011. I was forced to resign after continuous attempts to change my shift from mornings to nights. I had to change my shift due to the fact that my daughter was born with hydrocephalus and has to have continuous doctor visits. During this time I was working in the morning, I was trying to obtain health insurance to continue care after moving from out of state. So finally we were blessed to get the health insurance but being the so called religious people they are, would not approve my transfer to another shift. What was even more hurtful was watching nurses(RN)'s transfer back and forth of the floor. And there I was with no other choice but to resign or risk the health of my child. I wonder if I was treated that way because I was a (CNA). And to add assult to injury. I am now being what they call black balled by Florida Hospital Flagler. I have been out of work for over a year and no one will hire me. I've been two interviews. Florida Hospital memorial and Halifax Hospital. Both the best Hospitals in Daytona Beach, where I'm living now. Interview goes fine until they check my last job for references. I never been fired or laid off. Worked 11 years straight. I put in my two week notice before I left Flagler and received my pto money after I left. I don't understand why they would do this. I really liked working there everyone was always nice. And its not the fact that it's just effecting me. I have four kids, we are barely making it. I've been working at a restaurant bring home maybe 120.00 dollars a week. My house is in foreclosure. How am I gonna pay my mortgage? I don't know if people are still reading these but I just had to get this out. Thank you for reading and pray for us.
It may be late for this response, but i would suggest calling the HR dept. and checking on your status. i believe when you resign they put some what of a hold (which may be seen as a non-rehire) a negative if you don't do the exit interview. Not sure if thats the case with you, but it may be. you did everything right when you resigned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or