Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 17,216 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had a positive experience working for Florida Hospital? If you had a complaint, how was it handled? I had a horrible experience and would like to hear how anyone else's complaints were handled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 10:23 PM

4 posts, read 12,158 times
I worked for Florida Hospital for many years.It was not the most pleasant situation at times. We were basically forced to pray before receiving report,to a God that many of us did not believe in.When questioned they said you are working for a christian facility and we can do whatever we please with the praying.Even the patients are forced to hear their propaganda over the PA system.There needs to be a lawsuit filed against this cult. I did call EEOC and they said what they are doing is against the law,and if someone filed a complaint they would investigate. Thats how you stop such nonsense,it's not religion anyhow, it's a form of control.Controlling populations with religion is not new.Florida Hospital(Adventist Health Care) is very good at it.Funny,you see so many off the wall things happen there and they are swept under a rug,so to speak.Employees are threatened with their jobs if they divulge certain information about wrongful deaths etc. Beware of their care.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
I have a friend that was just hired at Florida Hospital who had to endure a week long orientation full of religious overtones and talk about Jesus, which besides being offensive to non-christians is highly illegal. I'm not sure how they get away with it other than financial arrangements with those in places of influence who would challenge it. It sounds like a creepy place to work and would look elsewhere if able.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,500 times
Considering that "extending the healing ministry of Christ" is included in their mission statement, I'm fairly sure it's not illegal.

It would be illegal if they failed to hire someone based on their religious beliefs, but since there are already two posters on here who appear to be offended by their practices, that's obviously not the case.

My wife and I are both agnostic, and my wife works at FH. I think people who are offended by things like this need to calm down a bit. What did you expect when you were hired by "Adventist Health System?"

It's kinda like taking a job with a catholic charity and being pissed that they talk about god.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Considering that "extending the healing ministry of Christ" is included in their mission statement, I'm fairly sure it's not illegal.

It would be illegal if they failed to hire someone based on their religious beliefs, but since there are already two posters on here who appear to be offended by their practices, that's obviously not the case.

My wife and I are both agnostic, and my wife works at FH. I think people who are offended by things like this need to calm down a bit. What did you expect when you were hired by "Adventist Health System?"

It's kinda like taking a job with a catholic charity and being pissed that they talk about god.
It's not the fact that it's a religious organization, rather the overwhelming amount of religious dialogue involved. They're an employer and have no business rubbing all of that in the face of everyone working for them under the guise of a "ministry". Would the KKK be allowed to own and operate a not-for-profit health care system in order to extend their beliefs?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times
The Seventh Day Adventist church wholly owns the Florida Hospital health care system. Why would it be illegal for a private employer/owner to do this? I am not saying I agree, but its their company and they can do that if they want to.

I am surprised that anyone would take a job at FH and not already know the SDA church owns it.

BTW some of my family work there, they love it. Of course they are SDA too.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 AM

995 posts, read 1,694,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Would the KKK be allowed to own and operate a not-for-profit health care system in order to extend their beliefs?
Yes, as a matter of fact they would. They might have trouble recruiting patients and staff however.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:47 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
I would say that working at Florida Hospital would be no different than working at Lifeway Bookstore. It comes with the territory. If you work for Dave Ramsey or want your real-estate, CPA firm, etc. endorsed by him, you'll be expected to follow his financial principles. If you want a non-religious working environment, try Orlando Health (?) or Barnes & Noble.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM

812 posts, read 1,674,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I would say that working at Florida Hospital would be no different than working at Lifeway Bookstore. It comes with the territory. If you work for Dave Ramsey or want your real-estate, CPA firm, etc. endorsed by him, you'll be expected to follow his financial principles. If you want a non-religious working environment, try Orlando Health (?) or Barnes & Noble.
Orlando Regional?

Someone I know recently applied there and noted that it is very prominent on the application that it is a religious/SDA operation. They obviously want the message to anyone applying to be: 'you work here, you pray here (or at least keep your mouth shut about it)'.

Cultural Sensitivity is something being taught in nursing schools even in the bible belt. I am sad to see a glaring example of cultural insensitivity.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,252,913 times
Then your friend is misinformed. ORMC and Arnold/Winnie Palmer Hospitals are quasi-public hospital system. They have nothing to do with Florida Hospital and/or the 7th Day Adventist church. In fact, I would say that ORMC and FL Hospital are probably the 2 biggest rivals in healthcare in Central FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: