U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 AM

5 posts, read 4,852 times

Advertisements

So me and my wife live in Minnesota and we are seriously considering moving to Orlando and we are looking at all the apartment rental sites and apartments appear to be really cheap compared to Minnesota and I was wondering if thats the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM

26 posts, read 60,827 times
Hi there! Before moving here, I looked online at apartments as well. This was the only city that I've ever moved to that I wasn't able to narrow down my choices and pretty much just pick something site unseen. I think a lot of the things online are misleading; they quote low prices online, but almost every single one that I called, I heard, "The units at that price are no longer available" or, "We just leased the last of that floorplan yesterday." I don't know if they give low prices just to get people in the door or what. Additionally, we ALMOST signed a least at Aspire downtown because the leasing manager failed to tell us that they charge an extra $100 per month, per vehicle to park there. We have FOUR vehicles! Guests have to pay to park there also, so I would be stuck paying these astronomical parking fees if, say, my parents wanted to visit us for a 3-day weekend. No thanks. Many apartment complexes have the same little fees and hooks that end up resulting in a higher monthly rent payment.

My husband and I looked and looked for the perfect apartment when we first moved here 11 months ago. There is a LOT of cheap stuff around, but we're kind of picky so we ended up with something a little more high-end and away from the touristy areas. We love the touristy areas and that atmosphere, but we both work downtown and didn't want to fight the traffic to work every day. We ended up at Lofts at SoDo....and while the building itself is nice and the location isn't bad (assuming your on the end opposite the train tracks), the crowd there is very young and the whole building turns into a frat party on weekends. Fortunately, we bought a house last week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or