U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM

156 posts, read 357,656 times

Advertisements

My husband's company is having a very formal party in April and I need a nice evening gown. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would be ok going to a consignment or thrift store. I live in the 32837 zip so I really don't want to travel 45 minutes for a maybe dress.

Does anyone know someplace I can go? I was thinking maybe Dr. P or Windermere area?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 05:12 PM

11,488 posts, read 25,729,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoTroi View Post
My husband's company is having a very formal party in April and I need a nice evening gown. I don't want to spend a lot of money and would be ok going to a consignment or thrift store. I live in the 32837 zip so I really don't want to travel 45 minutes for a maybe dress.

Does anyone know someplace I can go? I was thinking maybe Dr. P or Windermere area?

Thanks
Try the Goodwill and Salvation Army. You can also look on Craigslist or Ebay.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 PM

11 posts, read 26,203 times
Go to Cache at the Fl mall. Or try the thrift shops in Park Ave. Rich people always give their goods away

Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 PM

THANKS for the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenusa2 View Post
Go to Cache at the Fl mall. Or try the thrift shops in Park Ave. Rich people always give their goods away
Where is Park Ave? I'll check out Cache tomorrow.

becky, I'm on ebay and what I like can't be returned so I can't do online. Not really seeing much on CL. I was at the SA in Kissimmee today and they didn't have anything.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 PM

1,913 posts, read 3,415,990 times
Quote:
THANKS for the replies

becky, I'm on ebay and what I like can't be returned so I can't do online. Not really seeing much on CL. I was at the SA in Kissimmee today and they didn't have anything.
Park Ave. is in Winter Park.

You could also try either of the Premium Outlets.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:40 AM

8,221 posts, read 10,955,532 times
You would be surprised what a good sale rack at Macys can yield.....

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 AM

13 posts, read 32,964 times
Quote:
THANKS for the replies

what you like on e-bay can't be returned? are you planning on wearing it for the evening, then returning it?

Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,168,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbit View Post
what you like on e-bay can't be returned? are you planning on wearing it for the evening, then returning it?
I took it that once she got it and it didn't fit she couldn't return it.

I bought my formal night clothes at Goodwill and Salvation Army....got the bling(jewlery) there too.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM

78 posts, read 116,121 times
Ross. I'm going to a wedding this weekend and I found a very nice, formal dress for $30. Originally $150...

Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I took it that once she got it and it didn't fit she couldn't return it.

Exactly If it doesn't fit right I need to be able to return it and you can't return on most ebay items. No matter how cheap I am, which I'm trying to be cause this night is going to be expensive, I need to be able to return it if it doesn't fit

Cache is too expensive. I'm looking to spend as little as possible cause I'm probably only going to wear this gown this one time. The party is on April 9th so I'm going to have to start hitting the thrift stores to see if something comes in. I'll also have to start checking out Ross.

This is a black tie event and hubby's company is reimbursing him for his tux rental. I want a floor legnth gown to cover my tattoos that I have on my lower legs. Plus he said everyone at the event dresses really up for this event. I also think it would be cool to get that dressed up

If my wedding gown didn't have a long train, I'd wear that again lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando