U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 PM
 
Location: FLORIDA
8,964 posts, read 5,711,220 times
Reputation: 3356

Advertisements

Some folks cant just up and leave. Some can. I like some things about Orlando, some things I don't like, but certainly Orlando is very transient with lots of people moving in and out all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Orlando, fl
13 posts, read 21,389 times
Reputation: 17
I have lived in orlando my whole life, I know Orlando and the surrounding areas like the back of my hand.

- First it is true when we say all we have is disney world. Your either working foerr Disney itself or something that works off of the tourism Disney brings in.

- There are always annoying tourists here that do not know how to drive.
- There is not really any kind of night life ( that is actually fun and exciting )
- Everyone lives a very mediocre life. Work / school. home sleep maybe a bar on the weekends. It sucks.

It is a good place to raise a family if you have a solid career. ( notice i say career! ) Unless again you would like to work for disney for the next 25 years in order for you to recieve a retirement plan.

- I will be moving in June, and I am pretty sure if you raise your kids here they will up and leave when they get old enough as well. There is no opportunity here for young people.

- Also the crime is getting pretty bad. OBT has ALOT of prostitution and its our main road. The drive to Miami isn't so bad but that gets really old. Tampa is okay if you like strip clubs and the beach... Other than these things it does pretty much just suck here. If you content with just living the same life every day for the rest of your life I would suggest living here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: NYC/Orlando
1,914 posts, read 3,416,821 times
Reputation: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoLoves View Post
I have lived in orlando my whole life, I know Orlando and the surrounding areas like the back of my hand.

- First it is true when we say all we have is disney world. Your either working foerr Disney itself or something that works off of the tourism Disney brings in.

- There are always annoying tourists here that do not know how to drive.
- There is not really any kind of night life ( that is actually fun and exciting )
- Everyone lives a very mediocre life. Work / school. home sleep maybe a bar on the weekends. It sucks.

It is a good place to raise a family if you have a solid career. ( notice i say career! ) Unless again you would like to work for disney for the next 25 years in order for you to recieve a retirement plan.

- I will be moving in June, and I am pretty sure if you raise your kids here they will up and leave when they get old enough as well. There is no opportunity here for young people.

- Also the crime is getting pretty bad. OBT has ALOT of prostitution and its our main road. The drive to Miami isn't so bad but that gets really old. Tampa is okay if you like strip clubs and the beach... Other than these things it does pretty much just suck here. If you content with just living the same life every day for the rest of your life I would suggest living here..
Maybe you live a very mediocre life, but that doesn't mean everyone does
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Orlando, fl
13 posts, read 21,389 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Maybe you live a very mediocre life, but that doesn't mean everyone does

ehhh.. i mean if your rich you would live a great life anywhere.. now wouldn't you? I speak for the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 PM
 
Location: NYC/Orlando
1,914 posts, read 3,416,821 times
Reputation: 1051
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoLoves View Post
ehhh.. i mean if your rich you would live a great life anywhere.. now wouldn't you? I speak for the middle class.
I speak for the middle class as well; life is what you make of it with what you have
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,449 posts, read 5,593,101 times
Reputation: 2166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoLoves View Post
- First it is true when we say all we have is disney world. Your either working foerr Disney itself or something that works off of the tourism Disney brings in.
Not at all. Actually only one person in my family fits that description.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Status: "Summer, please don't leave!" (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Asheville, NC
11,492 posts, read 25,740,849 times
Reputation: 4240
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I speak for the middle class as well; life is what you make of it with what you have
I agree with that. I think there is plenty here to do besides Disney and the nighlife has plenty to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
 
4,155 posts, read 7,625,076 times
Reputation: 2339
Nino, I hate to break it to you but all the money in the world is not going to spice up your life if you don't first change your outlook. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for you. I grew up here also and have a differing opinion, but I too had the itch to try something knew in my younger years. After living/traveling all over the country I realized how good we do have it hear and how much I took for granted. I hope you find what your looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
26 posts, read 60,861 times
Reputation: 16
Well said, CR! My thoughts exactly. I've lived all over and have never found another place like Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
 
570 posts, read 964,246 times
Reputation: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbigt View Post
why is it ppl dont want ppl to move to orlando
yo no se
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top