U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM

467 posts, read 1,523,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoLoves View Post
ehhh.. i mean if your rich you would live a great life anywhere.. now wouldn't you? I speak for the middle class.
I am middle class and what you describe doesnt speak for me. what are you calling middle class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 01:47 PM

3 posts, read 3,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbigt View Post
why is it ppl dont want ppl to move to orlando? Is it crime what would make most ppl not want ppl moving there
I've lived all up and down the Eastern Seaboard USA. You can have all the rest, I'll take Orlando.

Orlando has the metropolitan feel of a big city like NY or Boston (people from all over the world live here; we are very multi-cultural). It also has a world class Airport, amazing climate (unless you LOVE unending snow and raking leaves), proximity to great beaches (less than 1 hour away), a great employment base, lots of golf courses, lots of lakes to fish, boat, or wakeboard upon.

And if you like culture, we have lots of things going on in theatre, opera, sports, and all the attractions.

There's always someone who complains about a bad experience. My belief is you need to thrive where you are planted (or transplanted, as the case may be).

Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 7,098 times
I lived north of Orlando in Lake Mary, hated it..stayed due to elderly parents who needed me, they died, I moved and would only go back with grand kids on vacation to Theme parks. Great vacation place not a great place to live...sometimes people have to stay even if they do not like it..job, parents, children.
By the way my condo 200k, 5yrs old went to 45K value. And it was in good neighborhood, good schools and nice place....

Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 AM

3,447 posts, read 5,587,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookee View Post
I lived north of Orlando in Lake Mary, hated it..stayed due to elderly parents who needed me, they died, I moved and would only go back with grand kids on vacation to Theme parks. Great vacation place not a great place to live...sometimes people have to stay even if they do not like it..job, parents, children.
By the way my condo 200k, 5yrs old went to 45K value. And it was in good neighborhood, good schools and nice place....
This statement is constantly repeated on this site and I don't really understand it. Orlando is a fantastic place to live and most of the 2.1 million people that live here would probably agree. Are there some who don't like it here, of course. But I have family that cannot stand Chicago, they are so ready to move to Florida for better weather, recreation, and more to do overall. Guess it's all based on your perspective.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:18 AM

240 posts, read 479,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookee View Post

Strongly agreed. I would not even vacation in Orlando either. The only thing I would ever do here is just fly in, but spend most of my time elsewhere in the state. Orlando is an tourist trap.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM

28 posts, read 58,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbigt View Post
why is it ppl dont want ppl to move to orlando? Is it crime what would make most ppl not want ppl moving there
thats funny people hate tampa too: Is It Florida Or Just Tampa Bay : I Hate Florida Story & Experience

and miami: What do you love/hate about Miami?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM

2,363 posts, read 4,257,056 times
IF so many people hate this state, how does it continue to grow? lol

Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM

9 posts, read 9,095 times
Exclamation Orlando-

My experience- It was hard to meet people. There never seemed to be much going on in Orlando
it took for ever to find a job…. Once I got one I spent $1,000 per day in toll fee’s to get from point A- point B …

Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM

289 posts, read 384,244 times
Um, it's hard to meet people? There's not much going on? Are you serious?

Are you sure you're in Orlando... also, you CAN avoid the tolls.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,412,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip3 View Post
My experience- It was hard to meet people. There never seemed to be much going on in Orlando
it took for ever to find a job…. Once I got one I spent $1,000 per day in toll fee’s to get from point A- point B …
A thousand dollars per day for tolls?... right.

You can easily avoid tolls if you want. I don't even go near a toll road to get to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando