U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 3,723 times

Advertisements

We are Canadian and plan to buy a house in Orlando area. Can anyone recommend good realtor in Orlando area? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM

26 posts, read 60,838 times
Hi twosnowbird! I think, per the terms of service on this site, we're not allowed to "advertise" for anyone specific. There are a lot of great Realtors on this site - I work for a company with several great ones as well. You're more than welcome to PM me for their contact information. Regardless of who you choose, any Realtor that you pick should be familiar with the areas, and VERY familiar with distress sales (short sales/foreclosures) because most of the available real estate market here is some kind of distress sale. It would be best if you have an agent that's experienced with these kinds of sales so that they know the right questions to ask the listing agent regarding the status of the sale, and also because if they're familiar with the process, they can explain it to you in a way that's easy to understand and follow. There are a lot of good deals to be had out there, but you'll need a Realtor who knows the ins, outs, ups and downs of the current market so that they can best represent you.

On a side note - moving from Canada to Florida huh? I hope you love it here! Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,385,437 times
My mother is a Realtor in Orlando...PM me and I'll send you her contact info. My hubby is Canadian---from St. Catharines ON. You'll LOVE it here!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,673,872 times
Looking to purchase a second home, investment property, or moving here permanently? As a foreign national each scenario will present a few extra things you will want to look into and consider as far as taxes and estate issues.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 AM

17 posts, read 38,221 times
We've been house-hunting here in Orlando for about nine months and are closing on our dream house next month! I'd love to share our realtor's name with you, if you want to pm me. He's been so helpful and is very knowledgeable about the area and the current market. In particular, he's VERY experienced in dealing with the sale/purchase of bank-owned or short sale properties. Which, I have to say, is the way to get a great deal on a beautiful house in Orlando these days...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or