U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 AM

4 posts, read 7,977 times

Advertisements

is the town homes above turkey lake considerd windermere area ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 AM

10 posts, read 22,735 times
Most of the subdivisions mentioned are in Winter Garden. Try Summerport, Lake of Windermere, Lakeside on Reams Rd and 535. Here is what I responded to someone else's question about Windermere.

1. How is the reputation of Windermere?
I moved here in 2003 from Palma Vista in Metrowest. I would not live anywhere else in the Orlando Metropolitan area. The best small affluent town in Orlando.
2. What has the selling history been like? Any drastic declines? Forclosures?
Some foreclosures but interesting enough... there is a lot of construction going on around us right now. Lakeside village a shopping center with Publix coming on Ream Rd and 535. The Harvest a new Church complex. Windermere Prep school just renovated their campus. Foundation private school opened last year. There are new subdivisions being built at this time.
3. We would have loved to find a neighborhood with a community pool for the girls, but Windermere does not have a community pool.
Lakes of Windermere subdivision is fantastic. There is community pool and amenities to play tennis, play basketball and a field to play soccer.
4. Someone told us that Windermere has a playground area, but we didn't see it. Does Windermere have a playground area?
Again try Lakes of Windermere or if you prefer condos check Lakeside condominiums. They also have a community pool and amenities.
5. Does the rec center do gymnastics? Or any recommendations for gymnastics. For Gym Celebration is about 20 minutes from here. Celebration hospital has 4 floors for gymnastics. YMCA is about 20 minutes away, Ballys about 10 minutes away
6. How are the following schools:
We have Windermere elementary, another elemetary school on 535 and overstreet. Lakeview Middle school and West Orange High. Windermere Prep, Foundation.
7. Hospitals: Health Central, Dr Phillips, Celebration

Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,351 times
You should also check out Johns Lake Pointe in Winter Garden. Meritage Homes is building beautiful, energy efficient homes that might be in your price range.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM

8,221 posts, read 10,977,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben905 View Post
is the town homes above turkey lake considered windermere area ?
This would be MetroWest.

To the other post. There are homes in our area for under $100,000 and they are indeed single family homes. not in Wndermere but still decent.

Edens Hammock/ Isle is in Windermere... I noticed some confusion there... I just sold a home there and manage it as a rental. There are some nice places in there. Summerport has some great homes as well. These are all on the West side of Windermere nad as such attend West Orange High which isn't rated as high as Olympia on the East side.

Presently the lowest priced home in Windermere is is about $170,000 for a home in Lakes of Windermere.

The lowest price for Stoneybrook West is still about 150,000 that is as of May 4

Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 AM

19 posts, read 40,018 times
I shop Publix for their produce and meat. It's the 'best", I've ever found. I shop Super Target for packaged goods and canned goods. Sometimes I head out to Walmart on 50, for frozen goods and chips etc. which are super cheap. It would be nice if Winter Garden/Windermere had a closer Walmart. Although I take the frontage road along the turnpike to Macguire and get there faster, never 50.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 AM

42 posts, read 141,382 times
Default Stone Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiherc View Post
I would look at Newbury Park. It is located in Orlando the zip is 32386 off of CR 535 & reams road. Its one block from Windermere, so you get the benefits of the area without the property taxes. It is not gated, but the HOA is $80 a month. Foreclosures are going for 180-200K. Another one is Berkshire on Overstreet, which I believe is in Windermere, or the Lakes at Windermere. These are going to be more expensive, but nice and quiet with Disney fireworks at night.

Keene's pointe - Very nice gated community with golf course. Its in Windermere. I think it would be hard to find something under 200K.

Independence - Very nice, I think it has a large number of foreclosures and bank owned properties. I believe its in Winter Garden. I think now you could get something in the low 200K.

Signature Lakes - Very nice as well.

Stone creek - Stay Away!

Stonybrook West - Nice gated community on golf course, High HOA's. Across the street from Stone Creek.

Black Lake Park - Almost bought there. Nice, have lake access, could get something int the low 200 maybe under now. Its in Winter garden.

Deerfield Place - In the 200 price range, but too close to the Winter Garden village and too close to SR 50 for my taste. We looked in there and decided to wait. They were overpriced at the time.

Eden's Hammock, Eden's Isle & Cobblestone - All sound familiar but cant provide too many details. I believe they are all in Winter Garden.
We have lived in Cross Creek (not Stone Creek), a gated community, for 16 years and have a backyard filled with Florida plants and palms that provides complete privacy backed up with a brick wall. Our close neighbors all bought their homes new and are still there. For a family that can not afford Windermere you have the same schools, same shops, and same access to the major highways (429,408,Turnpike).
We are located off of the road that starts at Highway 50 and continues into downtown Windermere. The land was annexed by the City of Ocoee years ago and if you pull up Ocoee you would think north of 50, not south. We are 2 miles from the Winter Garden Village, close to shop but not so close to have the traffic problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or