U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM
 
8 posts, read 23,223 times
Reputation: 12
Question Need info on these Winter Garden/Windermere neighborhoods - please help!

Relocating and need your help on getting a good feel for the neighborhoods there.
What can you tell me about:
Signature Lakes
Independence
Black Lake Park
Stone Creek
Deerfield Place
Eden's Hammock
Eden's Isle
Cobblestone of Winter Garden

I know that's a lot to ask, but we're looking for nice, clean, upper-middle class suburbia. We don't want anything that is going down hill. Can you help?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Windermere
54 posts, read 47,211 times
Reputation: 20
Default Windermere Neighborhoods

Hey,
I am not sure what your price range is, but if you are looking for upper to middle class neighborhoods in the Windermere area, I would check out Keene's Pointe, the Willows, the Manors, Oxford Moore, and Tilden's Grove.

If you send me your email address then I can set up MLS auto alert listings to your criteria.

The neighborhoods that you posted are nice, but with most neighborhoods here in the Winter Garden/Windermere area, there have been many foreclosures and the prices have dropped dramatically. If you can afford it, I would choose the ones above that I sent you first.

I live in Windermere and I am a Realtor, so I am familiar with these neighborhoods and can give you more information if you would like.

Have a great day,
Deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
 
8 posts, read 23,223 times
Reputation: 12
We're looking to keep it around $200K. Under would be better. We're coming from a part of the country where realestate is very depressed and so the move to Orlando is an increase in price and a loss of house-size. We know we can't afford to buy what we'd like to in Orlando, but we think we can find something nice. We don't want to live in a neighborhood that has a slummy feel. In Windermere, we know just about anywhere we pick is good, but we feel less secure about Winter Garden. BUT... Winter Garden has more homes available in our price range so that is why I'm asking about the different subdivisions.

So, I'm putting out feelers for the various neighborhoods. We know a realtor isn't legally allowed to give us answers to the questions we really have about socio-economics and demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
 
47 posts, read 108,094 times
Reputation: 30
We might be looking in those areas this summer also. I was wondering what it would cost to buy in the better sections that you mentioned? Also how much do HOA's run? We don't have them where I live, LI, NY and when I look at realtor sites either they don't mention them or they do but don't say for what period of time, like $500, for a month? quarterly, yearly?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
 
4 posts, read 7,998 times
Reputation: 12
I would look at Newbury Park. It is located in Orlando the zip is 32386 off of CR 535 & reams road. Its one block from Windermere, so you get the benefits of the area without the property taxes. It is not gated, but the HOA is $80 a month. Foreclosures are going for 180-200K. Another one is Berkshire on Overstreet, which I believe is in Windermere, or the Lakes at Windermere. These are going to be more expensive, but nice and quiet with Disney fireworks at night.

Keene's pointe - Very nice gated community with golf course. Its in Windermere. I think it would be hard to find something under 200K.

Independence - Very nice, I think it has a large number of foreclosures and bank owned properties. I believe its in Winter Garden. I think now you could get something in the low 200K.

Signature Lakes - Very nice as well.

Stone creek - Stay Away!

Stonybrook West - Nice gated community on golf course, High HOA's. Across the street from Stone Creek.

Black Lake Park - Almost bought there. Nice, have lake access, could get something int the low 200 maybe under now. Its in Winter garden.

Deerfield Place - In the 200 price range, but too close to the Winter Garden village and too close to SR 50 for my taste. We looked in there and decided to wait. They were overpriced at the time.

Eden's Hammock, Eden's Isle & Cobblestone - All sound familiar but cant provide too many details. I believe they are all in Winter Garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
 
388 posts, read 336,304 times
Reputation: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny3 View Post
Relocating and need your help on getting a good feel for the neighborhoods there.
What can you tell me about:
Signature Lakes
Independence
Black Lake Park
Stone Creek
Deerfield Place
Eden's Hammock
Eden's Isle
Cobblestone of Winter Garden

I know that's a lot to ask, but we're looking for nice, clean, upper-middle class suburbia. We don't want anything that is going down hill. Can you help?

Thank you!
Signatures Lakes/Independence - There's someone on this board that lives here. I think there were great plans for this community but the housing bubble burst and has left a lot undeveloped. There are a bunch of foreclosures and having driven through the neighborhood plenty of times, it's looking a bit run down. It was built with a new urbanism sort of vibe, but pales in comparison to celebration. Upside is that it's a fraction of the cost and in a nice area.

Black Lake Park, Stone Creek, Deerfield Place - Run of the mill developments in winter garden close to all amenities and decent schools. There's nothing special about any of them however.

Eden's Hammock/Eden's Isle - I believe both of these are mini communites located within Summerport, which is on the border of Windermere/Winter Garden. You will be paying Windermere taxes and while summerport is an upgrade (IMO) to the other developments listed, you won't have access to summerport's amenities. They are mostly townhomes as well.

If you're looking at these areas I would also recommend Arlington Bay and Cypress Chase. Both are zoned Orlando but are right across the street from some of Windermere's nicer communities. Also, Lakes of Windermere is also nice and you should be able to find homes in the above areas for under 200k. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Orlando FL
1,052 posts, read 2,632,149 times
Reputation: 386
To stay under 200K, I would recommend:

Stoneybrook West - Great homes in here around 1600-1900 sq ft for well under 200K area available, you may even be able to find one with a pool. HOA dues can be steep, but you have a guard gated and well maintained neighborhood with clubhouse and amenities.

Keenes Point - Won't find anything in here under 200K

Independence/signature lakes - Both are pretty much the same neighborhood, yes you can get homes for under 200K, but like Maxherc said there were ALOT of foreclosures in here and the HOA dues here can be very high for a single family home. Most of my clients prefer Summerport or Lakes of Windermere to this neighborhood.

Black Lake Park - Nice neighborhood, huge park in the middle of it and some very nice homes. Not too much available in here right now though under 200K

Deerfiled place - good neighborhood, with lower HOA dues than other similar neighborhoods just south and closer to the winter garden village (being walking distance to the village is actually a huge plus for most people). May be a bit to close to 50 but is a great alternative for less expensive homes (140-200k+) and lower HOA dues.

Edens Hammock, Eden Isle & Summerport - some of my favorite neighborhoods. Great amenities, lower HOA dues, and Windermere address.

Lakes of Windermere - Very similar to Summerport just a bit further south. And there are powerlines that run along the northern part of the neighborhood, so i'd just stick with the homes that aren't in view of them.

Cobblestone - I like this neighborhood personally, gated, all the homes have much larger lots than others in the area, but not community amenities like pool or playgrounds. A negative if you actually use those amenities, but a positive if you don't because HOA dues are kept lower.

Regency Oaks/Stonecrest/StoneHurst - These are the conglomerate of neighborhoods just north of the WG village, great neighborhoods and homes there do go for <200k, unfortunately there are very few properties available in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Winter Garden, Fl
985 posts, read 2,234,843 times
Reputation: 245
Im one of those people who live in Independence. I cant say as a realtor who works with all the communities and as a resident of Independence that the HOA dues are expensive. Single family homes HOA dues are $180 and that includes 2 pools, 2 club houses, tennis courts, gym, dog park and also includes high speed internet, basic cable and alarm monitoring all provided by Brighthouse. In my opinion that is excellent value. Basic TV and internet alone is $90 and that doesnt include alarm monitoring or the other facilities the community offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
Signatures Lakes/Independence - There's someone on this board that lives here. I think there were great plans for this community but the housing bubble burst and has left a lot undeveloped. There are a bunch of foreclosures and having driven through the neighborhood plenty of times, it's looking a bit run down. It was built with a new urbanism sort of vibe, but pales in comparison to celebration. Upside is that it's a fraction of the cost and in a nice area.

Black Lake Park, Stone Creek, Deerfield Place - Run of the mill developments in winter garden close to all amenities and decent schools. There's nothing special about any of them however.

Eden's Hammock/Eden's Isle - I believe both of these are mini communites located within Summerport, which is on the border of Windermere/Winter Garden. You will be paying Windermere taxes and while summerport is an upgrade (IMO) to the other developments listed, you won't have access to summerport's amenities. They are mostly townhomes as well.

If you're looking at these areas I would also recommend Arlington Bay and Cypress Chase. Both are zoned Orlando but are right across the street from some of Windermere's nicer communities. Also, Lakes of Windermere is also nice and you should be able to find homes in the above areas for under 200k. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
 
388 posts, read 336,304 times
Reputation: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
To stay under 200K, I would recommend:

Stoneybrook West - Great homes in here around 1600-1900 sq ft for well under 200K area available, you may even be able to find one with a pool. HOA dues can be steep, but you have a guard gated and well maintained neighborhood with clubhouse and amenities.

Keenes Point - Won't find anything in here under 200K

Independence/signature lakes - Both are pretty much the same neighborhood, yes you can get homes for under 200K, but like Maxherc said there were ALOT of foreclosures in here and the HOA dues here can be very high for a single family home. Most of my clients prefer Summerport or Lakes of Windermere to this neighborhood.

Black Lake Park - Nice neighborhood, huge park in the middle of it and some very nice homes. Not too much available in here right now though under 200K

Deerfiled place - good neighborhood, with lower HOA dues than other similar neighborhoods just south and closer to the winter garden village (being walking distance to the village is actually a huge plus for most people). May be a bit to close to 50 but is a great alternative for less expensive homes (140-200k+) and lower HOA dues.

Edens Hammock, Eden Isle & Summerport - some of my favorite neighborhoods. Great amenities, lower HOA dues, and Windermere address.

Lakes of Windermere - Very similar to Summerport just a bit further south. And there are powerlines that run along the northern part of the neighborhood, so i'd just stick with the homes that aren't in view of them.

Cobblestone - I like this neighborhood personally, gated, all the homes have much larger lots than others in the area, but not community amenities like pool or playgrounds. A negative if you actually use those amenities, but a positive if you don't because HOA dues are kept lower.

Regency Oaks/Stonecrest/StoneHurst - These are the conglomerate of neighborhoods just north of the WG village, great neighborhoods and homes there do go for <200k, unfortunately there are very few properties available in them.
I was just checking out MLS and yes, StoneyBrook West has homes under 200k. My parents were very close to buying a home in the neighborhood, but the HOA was very strict, and forced them to look at other places. It's a beautiful place, and if you don't mind a crazy HOA, I'm sure it's a great place to live. For more info on their HOA a simple google search will inform you. The prices have dropped quite a bit since I looked there about 6 months ago. You'd be hard pressed to find anything under 200k, and now there's houses as low as 150k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 AM
 
8 posts, read 23,223 times
Reputation: 12
Thank you all SO MUCH for your input!!! This really helps us a lot! It's so hard to know what you're coming in to when you haven't lived in a place before and it really helps to hear from people who know the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top