U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Enclose or leave open
Leave as one big room 3 50.00%
Make it an office 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:22 PM

156 posts, read 357,407 times

Advertisements

We got our bids in. They all said it can be done within a week from start to finish, that the mud drying is what's going to take the longest.

The first came in at $1,792 to do everything (including paint). His includes a 6 month no question gaurantee on all work. I found this guy on Kudzu and he has a 5 star rating from 27 people.

The 2nd came in between $3k and $4k and all he was going to do was frame, put up the drywall and spray the texture. We would have to paint and install the electrical. We would also have to pick up all the supplies. He was referred to me by someone on Kudzu that even though their listing said they do rooms, they didn't. I can't find any reviews on him.

The 3rd came in at $4,500 to do everything. I found him on Service Magic and he has 3 ratings with 4.75 out of 5 stars. He also quoted $2,500 to paint the outside of the house but we'd have to buy the paint. Can't find any reviews on him online except from Service Magic.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 PM

156 posts, read 357,407 times
The room is 21' L by 15'W. The enclosed part would be 9' L by 10'6" W.

This is the room before:

This would be after. The back of the futon is sitting where the wall would be.

I'm thinking maybe we tape a few sheets from the ceiling and see then if it feels enclosed or not. The other dilema is what side to place the door on. Do we put it facing the dining room so then it seems more open, or do we place it facing the other wall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando