U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM

47 posts, read 148,364 times

Advertisements

There is a facebook campaign out there to help a fellow Floridian, who happens to be from the Orlando area get on the TV show The Biggest Loser. She went to casting calls at City Walk last Saturday and did not get a call back. If anyone is interested in helping this cause, and hopefully get one of our own help in getting on this show, please go to the cause page and "like" it. You can even post a note of encouragement on the page. A friend started this page for her to help. We can make it happen for her hopefully if we get enough voices shouting loud enough. I read her story and the letter that she posted to the Casting Director and NBC, it really got to me. She is a mother and a wife. She just needs a little help here. Let's try to get show America that Orlando is an amazing place to live by getting behind our fellow neighbor.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,633,393 times
There are many Floridians who could easily qualify for that show.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:22 PM

12,135 posts, read 12,667,458 times
[SIZE=2]About 31%, or about 59 million people, are obese, which is defined as roughly 30 or more pounds over a healthy weight. Almost 65% are either obese or overweight, 10 to 30 pounds over a healthy weight.

They all don't live in FL.

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM

No one said it was only a FL problem. This person went on an audition and was passed on. That is the way it goes.

They should be able to lose weight without having to go a national TV show if they really want to.

No one gets this way overnight. We're not talking about someone who has a serious illness or lost their home due to a job layoff. This is situation we all have control over.

NBC for whatever reason said "not interested" on this individual.

IMO, there are more important causes to get behind.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Well, as usual, you took a slap at Florida by stating that a lot of people here could qualify. Probably so, but what does it have to do with the original posting where someone is asking for assistance.

I just wonder why you didnt move your elderly family members to where you were thus avoiding their misery of being here as well as yours.

Constantly bashing FL like you do is ridiculous. Suck it up or go.

Quote:
No one said it was only a FL problem. This person went on an audition and was passed on. That is the way it goes.

They should be able to lose weight without having to go a national TV show if they really want to.

No one gets this way overnight. We're not talking about someone who has a serious illness or lost their home due to a job layoff. This is situation we all have control over.

NBC for whatever reason said "not interested" on this individual.

IMO, there are more important causes to get behind.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:51 PM

47 posts, read 148,364 times
If you would go to the page that was created for her, you can read a lot of what you are saying and thinking that is coming out of her mouth. But she just needs a little encouraging and help. There is a lot of things out there that people SHOULD be able to beat, but need help in doing so. People who do drugs and drink need help at times. Being addicted to food is the same as being addicted to a drug. Not many people see it that way, but it is a very true thing. It is not like she is asking everyone to donate money or donate their time. Just a quick click on the like button. If it is not for you seain, just pass over and move on. But to discourage someone just because you believe they are not important enough is kinda lame... IMO I would also like to point out that she is not the person who created this for her. A friend did, and ya, she posts on it regularly but it is because it seems like it is giving her a push in the right direction. She posted something on there saying "Am I any more deserving than anyone else that is trying out? No. But I don't feel as though I am less deserving neither". You do not know her situation. There are many things that lead to obesity. It is not as cut and dry as eating pizza and burgers.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:08 PM

The problem is some people just need to take pot shots at FL at every chance they get regardless of the intent of the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strwy2Hevn View Post
If you would go to the page that was created for her, you can read a lot of what you are saying and thinking that is coming out of her mouth. But she just needs a little encouraging and help. There is a lot of things out there that people SHOULD be able to beat, but need help in doing so. People who do drugs and drink need help at times. Being addicted to food is the same as being addicted to a drug. Not many people see it that way, but it is a very true thing. It is not like she is asking everyone to donate money or donate their time. Just a quick click on the like button. If it is not for you seain, just pass over and move on. But to discourage someone just because you believe they are not important enough is kinda lame... IMO I would also like to point out that she is not the person who created this for her. A friend did, and ya, she posts on it regularly but it is because it seems like it is giving her a push in the right direction. She posted something on there saying "Am I any more deserving than anyone else that is trying out? No. But I don't feel as though I am less deserving neither". You do not know her situation. There are many things that lead to obesity. It is not as cut and dry as eating pizza and burgers.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Well, as usual, you took a slap at Florida by stating that a lot of people here could qualify. Probably so, but what does it have to do with the original posting where someone is asking for assistance.

I just wonder why you didnt move your elderly family members to where you were thus avoiding their misery of being here as well as yours.

Constantly bashing FL like you do is ridiculous. Suck it up or go.
Actually what is ridiculous is caring so much about someone who has a different viewpoint.

It is also not normal to follow someone around on a board like you do.

Calm down or you will have stroke.

Don't like my posts put me on Ignore.

Because I'm doing that for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:04 PM

My problem is all your posts have the same theme. Slam Florida.

I don't follow anybody around. I read the posts, I respond to them.

If someone has such a hatred for where the live they need to do something positive for themselves instead of wallowing in the mud.

Ignore away, but I will continue to refute your commentary as necessary.

Quote:
Actually what is ridiculous is caring so much about someone who has a different viewpoint.

It is also not normal to follow someone around on a board like you do.

Calm down or you will have stroke.

Don't like my posts put me on Ignore.

Because I'm doing that for you.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:03 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,340,999 times
Quote:
There seems to be a awful lot of "rapid weight loss" clinics opening in Hernando County for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or