U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 AM

170 posts, read 378,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyeohio View Post
Thanks for the replies! My kids love HP which was the main reason they wanted to go to Universal. But I think once we see it in a couple of weeks we will be good. After reading everyones thoughts Disney seems like the park we would get the most use out of.
What we find great about the WDW annual pass is that you have FOUR parks that you have access to. Therefore, you would get more use out of the WDW annual passes.

I never thought about only one of us getting the annual pass (with parking) while the other gets only the seasonal pass. Thanks to the previous poster who suggested that idea.

Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 PM

26 posts, read 30,124 times
I think it depends on your family dynamics. Obviously, with Disney you get 4 parks, plus the added option of the water parks and all of the extra stuff that they have to offer. My husband and I are 27 and 30, and we LOVE Disney, but it doesn't hold our attention for very long. There are a ton of little kids there, which is nice, but we don't have kids and we kind of enjoy the more "adult" atmosphere of Universal Studios. We really enjoy the Mardi Gras festivities, concerts, Hard Rock, Harry Potter, Halloween Horror Nights, St. Patrick's Day party, etc... We have said before that we truly wish that we could get an annual pass for JUST EPCOT (at an obviously comparable price), but I don't think that such a thing exists. Epcot has a lot of the same offerings that we enjoy - the food and wine festival, some completely amazing restaurants, and nice sights. So, I'd say it depends on your family and what they enjoy more. For my husband and I to be able to go to Universal Studios OR Islands of Adventure at ANY time, park free, people watch, get discounts on stuff, grab a beer (or butterbeer!) and just chill is $40 per month. To me, can't beat it! Good luck making the decision that fits your family best.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,623,077 times
^^ there actually is an annual pass for just Epcot- I think it's valid everyday after 4PM or something like that. You can check out the details on Disney's website. I believe the price is comparable to a Universal annual pass.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
Universal is awesome. Disney would be good but the passes are WAY too expensive! We used our Universal passes (myself, my 9 year old daughter and a couple of her friends) 16 times last year and we live in St Augustine! We are definitely renewing them this year! HP is fantastic, the butterbeer is great, the Mummy we could ride all day long! Popeye is an excellent way to cool off too! Eat before you get there, have lunch at the park and eat on the way home and it's not too expensive. Height requirements for the ride are strict and important, the cut offs are 48", 51" and 54". My daughter is still only 52" so we haven't been able to ride everything yet but she's getting there! We used to have Seaworld and that is a lot of fun too, the shows are great, we did that for 2 years though and I can't justify 2 parks as I live so far away.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:25 PM

374 posts, read 464,960 times
We buy the FL Resident Seasonal Pass with blackout dates during most holidays and summer.
I would not want to be there during those times anyhow because of the crowds.
Next time we'll buy the pass where you can't go on weekends and we don't anyway.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:28 AM

7,823 posts, read 6,491,547 times
Universal is my choice. you can do Mardis gras concerts in the Spring and the parks . I also have a WDW water park pass I like. WDW regular is just too much to justify and for me. once you have gone. you're good for a while.

Busch Gardens offers some good deals but it is a long drive and would get as much use.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,397,927 times
Universal is the only season pass we get every year. You get so much for your money. Go with the restricted one and you not pay much more than a 2-day admission. You get access to all the Mardi Gras concerts included...this is a great deal as they always have fairly big name talent in several different genres. You also get a small discount on Halloween Horror Nights which is a must-do every year.

For Disney we just get a multi-day, non-expiring ticket with the water park add-on and spread the days out over a year or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando