U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 AM

44 posts, read 202,723 times

Advertisements

I'm going to Orlando in April with my girlfriend, we're 26 years old and have no kids. So we'd like to know which theme parks to visit. We love roller coasters so having good roller coasters would be a great plus.

Any suggestions? We'll be staying like 2 or 3 days in Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:42 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,411,193 times
Definitely Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:49 AM

What about Busch Gardens? As far as I've read it has plenty of rides and roller coasters. I'm mostly looking for that kind of attractions. does Islands of Adventure and Universal Studio have more roller coasters than Busch Gardens?

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Busch Gardens has a couple more coasters but it's about a two hour drive from Orlando. It might be worth it if you have a rental car. I personally like Universal Orlando more because every ride is not only great but immaculately themed. They also apply the latest technology to their rides. Also, all of the roller coasters are awesome. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 33,191 times
Since you'll be there for 2-3 days, do Universal AND Islands of Adventure, especially Islands of Adventure - their coasters are awesome.

Busch Gardens is nice, but you have to drive all the way to Tampa, plus there's only a few good coasters. The park itself is kind of campy - it's fun though. There are some old, wooden coasters as well as some new ones. Busch Gardens is cool if you really like animals. Busch Gardens has Sheikra, which is outstanding.

If you run out of things to do, Sea World has Kraken, Manta, and Journey to Atlantis, which are a lot of fun, but those are the ONLY coasters. The aquariums and shows are top-notch - definitely something different. Also, you can get a deal if you buy a Sea World/ Busch Gardens pass together.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Thanks a lot all of you! I think I'll do Universal and Islands of Adventure.

How much should I pay for an hotel per night in Orlando and how near are Universal and Islands each other? Sorry if I'm abusing of your kindness !!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM

1,196 posts, read 3,137,298 times
Busch Gardens is only about an hour from Disney,not a bad drive at all.Right now at this moment Busch Gardens has the most and best variety of coasters in Florida.With that said since you'll be coming in April I would tell you to go to Universal and Islands of Adventure simply because they are great parks you've never been to and that in May Busch Gardens will be opening their newest coaster Cheetah Hunt,a launched coaster that's looking amazing.If you were coming in June I would suggest Busch Gardens since it is the best coaster park and the new coaster will be open,Universal and IOA have less coasters but between them have a decent amount as well as other very good rides.Go to the Universal parks this year and save Busch for another time when Cheetah hunt is open.Universal also has Citywalk with restaurants and clubs.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faire View Post

How much should I pay for an hotel per night in Orlando and how near are Universal and Islands each other? Sorry if I'm abusing of your kindness !!
For a hotel, it depends on where you want to be/how nice you want the hotel to be.

Universal and Islands are both part of Universal Orlando- their entrances are within CityWalk, pretty much right next to each other.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:23 PM

1,196 posts, read 3,137,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faire View Post

You have tons of options for hotels as there are hundreds of hotels in the area.International Drive is very close to Universal and has hotels with very affordable prices.You can get decent rooms in the International Drive for as little as $30-$40 on Hotwire or you can pay $200-$300 for the 3 hotels Universal has on site.They are expensive but staying at their hotels gives you front of the line access to most of the rides at the parks,a huge advantage if you're going on a busy period.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 AM

20,208 posts, read 28,247,490 times
I'd recommend either the Fairfield Inn, the Wingate by Wyndham or the Hampton Inn for places to stay near Universal. You'll avoid the class-trip/bus-tour madness of some of the more inexpensive motels yet be well under some of the higher price hotels. Have fun!

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort: Earn Rewards points and stay productive when traveling to Orlando.

Wingate by Wyndham | Orlando Florida Hotel | Orlando, FL 32819 | Near Central Florida (0.0 miles away), Orlando Parks (0.0 miles away) & Amway Arena (8.0 miles away)

Universal Orlando® Hotels - Hampton Inn Universal Orlando® Hotel, FL - Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando