U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,890 times

Advertisements

Hello, All. I'm planning to relocate to Lake Mary area due to business reasons. I was looking over the internet and found two apartments that seem to be good (colonial grand at townpark and Legends Lake Mary). It seems like colonial grand at townpark is closer to malls, bars, etc. It's also a little cheaper than Legends. However looking at apartmentratings.com there are people complaining about bad maintenance and bugs such as lots of cockroaches at Colonial Grand. If you lived at colonial grand (Lake Mary), I would appreciate your opinion if the "bugs story" is really true or not. I would also appreciate information comparing the two apartments. Thank you very much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 PM

11,480 posts, read 25,714,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caugusto View Post
Hello, All. I'm planning to relocate to Lake Mary area due to business reasons. I was looking over the internet and found two apartments that seem to be good (colonial grand at townpark and Legends Lake Mary). It seems like colonial grand at townpark is closer to malls, bars, etc. It's also a little cheaper than Legends. However looking at apartmentratings.com there are people complaining about bad maintenance and bugs such as lots of cockroaches at Colonial Grand. If you lived at colonial grand (Lake Mary), I would appreciate your opinion if the "bugs story" is really true or not. I would also appreciate information comparing the two apartments. Thank you very much.
They are both in good locations. I've heard good stuff about both, but never lived there. Try these also Dexters, Liams, The Vineyard and Publix at your Doorstep! (http://orlando.craigslist.org/apa/2263165647.html - broken link) These are nice too and in a good location. I used to dogsit there. I've been in them before and they are clean and newer looking. They have granite countertops and washer and dryer. It's located by lots of entertainment, shops, restaurants, grocery store, bank, and more. Colonial Town Park - Lake Mary, FL

Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 AM

20,218 posts, read 28,280,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caugusto View Post
Ignore apartment ratings websites which are quite possibly the most irrelevant websites out there. As a renter, what is the incentive to leave positive reviews about an apartment community? Any crackpot can leave a rotten review after being evicted or losing a deposit because one broke the lease or damaged the unit. As an FYI, you're at the mercy of your neighbors when renting in Florida when it comes to cockroaches. If you have a neighbor who doesn't clean, leaves food out, etc. you better believe you're going to see cockroaches in your unit also, regardless of the demographics of the community. It's up to the renter to communicate with management so the can take a tactical approach with the exterminators to help eradicate the issue, which should involve a management walk through to determine which unit is the source of the infestation. Wherever you wind up I would recommend investing in a few Riddex ultrasonic repellers ( at Bed Bath and Beyond for $14.99 each). They plug into your outlets and they work as long as you're vigilant about keeping the place clean. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,890 times
Default Thank you

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate your opinion.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:06 PM

5 posts, read 4,342 times
Hi,
I have recently moved to lake Mary and I live in 'colonial grand at lake Mary' . I love it so far. It's close to everything and a very safe neighborhood. We are almost near heathrow. Heathrow is just 0.2 miles from where I live and lake Mary is a li'l far like 3-4 miles.
I am looking to make some friends here.
Pls let me know if you need any info about this place.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or