U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2011, 02:53 PM
 
8,802 posts, read 9,972,933 times
Reputation: 4540

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite loop View Post
And more money sent here and spent on infrastructure projects. I think Rick Scott wanted I-4 to be widened, well make it happen fast.
Agree with that. Also, make some sort of North-South toll road besides the 429 and 417 which are too peripheral. If you want to get from kissimmee to Orlando, it's pretty much travelling out of your way on the turnpike to I-4 or taking the straight shot up JYP or OBT to I-4. When I've done it, it takes pretty much the same amount of time either way because the turnpike to I-4 makes you travel so much more distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
 
15 posts, read 13,856 times
Reputation: 17
Default Jobs

I keep hearing on this website that there are no jobs, yet when I go on career builder and do a search for jobs in Orlando, I came up with over 3,000. Are the jobs really that scare? Some of these posts are from several years ago.

I also heard that the Hispanic population has grown. (It has grown nationwide). The Hispanic population in my town has doubled in 9 years. Our Hispanics are a lot of Ecuadorians. Some can't even read Spanish let alone English. A lot of them are beating the system as far as paying taxes etc. I was wondering how the Hispanics are in Orange County. Are they the same as I described? Or have they gone back to their country due to a bad economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
 
Location: N Atlanta
4,597 posts, read 3,231,018 times
Reputation: 2310
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda1988 View Post
A lot of them are beating the system as far as paying taxes etc. I was wondering how the Hispanics are in Orange County. Are they the same as I described? Or have they gone back to their country due to a bad economy?
Gone back to their home country ? Why would they do that when there are so many free handouts here in the U.S. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,186 posts, read 10,042,171 times
Reputation: 1575
I actually know of a few families that went back to puerto Rico for jobs. Most of the younger generation Hispanics here do just as well as everyone else when it comes to education, some don't even speak Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2011, 06:10 PM
 
16,785 posts, read 19,700,888 times
Reputation: 33234
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I actually know of a few families that went back to puerto Rico for jobs. Most of the younger generation Hispanics here do just as well as everyone else when it comes to education, some don't even speak Spanish.

Puerto Rico is part of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill Florida
12,135 posts, read 12,708,457 times
Reputation: 6001
So is Guam.


Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Puerto Rico is part of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Orlando Metro Area
3,456 posts, read 5,601,447 times
Reputation: 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda1988 View Post
I keep hearing on this website that there are no jobs, yet when I go on career builder and do a search for jobs in Orlando, I came up with over 3,000. Are the jobs really that scare? Some of these posts are from several years ago.

I also heard that the Hispanic population has grown. (It has grown nationwide). The Hispanic population in my town has doubled in 9 years. Our Hispanics are a lot of Ecuadorians. Some can't even read Spanish let alone English. A lot of them are beating the system as far as paying taxes etc. I was wondering how the Hispanics are in Orange County. Are they the same as I described? Or have they gone back to their country due to a bad economy?
LetsGetToWorknow.com There are plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top