U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,947,716 times

Advertisements

One thing to think about. Right now you are an active adult. Ten years from now, what you want in a community could be very different. Trilogy will most likely always be a community that requires you to drive to get to shopping and services. The closest shopping is probably not Clermont, but rather Leesburg. (Although I've never driven it to be sure.)

Kings Ridge is golf cart friendly--you can golf cart from there to shopping and more.

Clermont has a good library and a good community hospital. Would I go there for a liver transplant? No. But I've been there for a chest x-ray and was in and out in under 20 minutes, including registration. For general medical and surgical situations, I'd definitely go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 01:52 PM

One toher thing--Heritage Hills is adjacent to Kings Ridge. At one point Lennar was trying to get the two communities to share a clubhouse, but was met with resistance by Kings Ridge residents.

I do expect that once HH is completely built out, there will be some reciprocity between the two communities as far as the activities go.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:28 PM

18 posts, read 74,953 times
Annerk my mother is 85 and still driving but it does appeal to me to hop in a golf cart to get a loaf of bread or quart of milk and not pay $4 for a gallon of gas.

You say you would not use the community hospital for a liver transplant where would you have to go for "good" or "better" medical care.....how far?

Also you say "once HH is completely built out, there will be some reciprocity between the two communities as far as the activities go." do you consider this a good thing or a potential problem?

We intend to visit both Heritage Hills and Kings Ridge when we visit along with Del Webb Orlando and Trilogy. It seems that Kings Ridge would be resales only no new houses seem to be being built there. How would you compare the quality of the resales with the new homes being built.

Thanks for responding...........Bob

Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearcher71 View Post
Annerk my mother is 85 and still driving but it does appeal to me to hop in a golf cart to get a loaf of bread or quart of milk and not pay $4 for a gallon of gas.

You say you would not use the community hospital for a liver transplant where would you have to go for "good" or "better" medical care.....how far?
The only level one trauma center in this area is ORMC in Orlando. South Lake Hospital has life flight stationed there with 24/7 flight crew to airlift trauma's and other emergencies for the five minute ride. (They also take neonatal/childbirth issues to Winnie Palmer)

South Lake is a general/community hospital, the care there is quite fime for routine things. Broken bones (including hips) general surgery, etc. But they don't do transplants and they aren't a trauma center. That doesn't mean they aren't a great hospital for the routine care that most of us will need in our lifetimes. I certainly wouldn't buy a house based on proximity to transplant centers, and in all honesty, I wouldn't bypass a hospital for a broken arm because they aren't a trauma center.

Quote:
Also you say "once HH is completely built out, there will be some reciprocity between the two communities as far as the activities go." do you consider this a good thing or a potential problem?
Definitley a plus if it does in fact happen.

Quote:
We intend to visit both Heritage Hills and Kings Ridge when we visit along with Del Webb Orlando and Trilogy. It seems that Kings Ridge would be resales only no new houses seem to be being built there. How would you compare the quality of the resales with the new homes being built.

Kings Ridge is fully built out and established with mature landscaping. Any home there has withstood the hurricanes of 2004 and any damage has been repaired and structural issues remedied. (I'm not aware of any homes having any sort of substantial hurricane damage.) Heritage Hills and Kings Ridge have the same builder, Lennar. Lennar is regarded as a good production builder. There are much better, there are much worse. Same thing with Del Webb.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 PM

Very informative. I agree I would not buy or not buy based upon the nearest hospital but it is good information to have.

On a personal note, do you happen live in any of the communities we're considering visiting - Heritage Hills, Trilogy, Del Webb Orlando, or King's Ridge? Or did you live in Clermont? Do you like it? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the area?

Thank you very much...........Bob

Old 03-26-2011, 06:13 PM

No, I'm not quite old enough for that yet. I live in a community very close to Kings Ridge (in Clermont) and we are open to downsizing to Kings Ridge in 20-25 or so years. We love the idea of Friday afternoon happy hour on golf carts.

We love the rolling hiills, the friendly people, the proximatey to shopping and services without having to deal with highways to get there. We are in a suburban area that's almost rural, yet can be in downtown Orlando in about 30 minutes.

Now that we have a movie theater and some shopping (Belk, Penney's, Kohl's, Target, etc.), there really aren't many disadvantages. The biggest disadvantage is that we don't have any finer dining restaurants. We do have a lot of those moderate types of places though, Carrabba's, Olive Garden, Outback, Red Lobster, etc. We also aren't served by mass transit, although Lake County does have on-demand (door-to-door shared ride)/paratransit available to seniors and the disabled for doctors visits and such. You just have to call ahead to schedule it.

Let me know if you want more info.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:59 AM

189 posts, read 426,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearcher71 View Post
We intend to visit both Heritage Hills and Kings Ridge when we visit along with Del Webb Orlando and Trilogy.
Good luck in your search. I hope you will post your findings after your visits.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Thank you. I'll be happy to. I should be ready to do that by late May.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM

6 posts, read 31,715 times
I am also from NYC and visited Kings Ridge and Heritage Hills last summer.I was very intrigued by Heritage Hills before I actually visited. Now, not so much. The homes are a good value for the money and the floor plans quite spacious.But the community feels like you are living in a sand pit and seemed like it would take many , many years to sell out and lose the feeling of living in a construction site.Even once it sells out you will continue to have some unsightly views of electrical towers and other industrial infrastructure visible from the community.
Kings Ridge on the other hand , just across the road from Heritage Hills , seems like another world by comparison. The landscaping there is mature and lush , a beautiful community.Many of the homes there though have dated interiors . If you are up for renovating then you can have a home almost as modern as the Heritage Hills homes but in a much nicer environment.Personally, I wish I could combine the the best of both and buy a new Heritage Hills Home sited in Kings Ridge. That will not come to pass.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM

189 posts, read 426,657 times
Thanks for the info, stevensch18!

Any pix by any chance?

Do you know if any of the larger Heritage Hills home plans are available in Kings Ridge ? The 4 BRs is really appealing to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or