Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 AM

189 posts, read 520,571 times

Advertisements

Thanks to everyone for their input. The beauty of WDW & central FLA for me is that there's something for everyone which is why I so look forward to living there... Different strokes for different folks !!

So if anyone else would be able to post info about these OP communities, or any other nearby 55+, that would be great...it seems DWO has begun to offer new floor plans but I can't find them online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
They appear to be here

Del Webb Orlando community in Davenport, Florida 33837 by DelWebb Homes

Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 AM

Thanks, but I'm looking for the floor plans, not just the exteriors...are they there & I'm missing them???

Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I stand corrected, this is new to this year. Still they are cover bands, why bother?
Many of the bands that the tributes cover don't do their entire catalogs anymore; some of them have moved on artistically, and many of them simply can't execute a show composed of all of their hits over several decades. National level tribute acts generally aren't made up of your typical bar or circuit musicians in any case - often the artists in national acts will have tour / label / artist experience, and they'll likely have contacts within the artist organization they're tributing. Still, if it's not your cup of tea, you certainly don't have to go to the show - that doesn't mean that, for some fans, the chance to see live renditions of their favorite hits by an act that's been carefully reviewed and approved by the original artist isn't a lot of fun. So, short answer to 'why bother' is this: it's a lot of fun for a lot of people. It may not be for you, and that's fine (truly, no offense taken!) As far as the releases being new this year, that's not really accurate; the releases have been required for a while now, though there are several bands that are 'grandfathered in' since 2007 (when the series started), and they were able to perform at least a couple of years without the releases. The current policy (at least for us, Frontiers, and Slippery When Wet) is that an artist release is required. The releases can be difficult - there's generally only a single act nationally that will have a tribute release to perform artist material, though there's usually no issue with performing a variety show and playing a few tunes from some artist. Disney is fairly high profile, and they have to be very above board as far as mechanicals and licensing goes.

Hope it helps. Questions always welcome!

Sean Harrison
Bassist - Little Queen, the Music of Heart
sean.harrison@littlequeenrocks.com
Little Queen Rocks!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:33 AM

Smile Reviving this oldie.....

Anyone with updates???

Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 AM

7 posts, read 33,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merriweather View Post
Anyone with updates???
Trilogy is growing fast now. Clubhouse was completed awhile back although smaller than the original was supposed to be. Co-ed exercise area is small and the women's only area is hardly used. No men's only exercise area. Pool is very nice and kept clean for the most part.

Plenty of open area to run, jog, walk or bike. Just be aware that a number of residents refuse to keep their dogs on leash as required by HOA rules. Enforcement appears to be lax.

Overall a nice place with limitations. Be sure to view the clubhouse etc as it will be when 999 homes are sold.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,667 times
I am also looking in the same area for a 55+ Community. Can someone tell me about flood zones in Florida and are there places we should avoid? If we changed our focus to the Vero Beach area what are the advantages/disadvantages.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughatyourself View Post
I am also looking in the same area for a 55+ Community. Can someone tell me about flood zones in Florida and are there places we should avoid? If we changed our focus to the Vero Beach area what are the advantages/disadvantages.
I think going directly to the latest FEMA maps are the safe bet for info:

https://msc.fema.gov/

As seen in NJ (Sandy), I'm thinking almost EVERY place is a potential flood zone. We plan to purchase it even if the map says we aren't in a flood zone.

As to Vero vs inland, well, IMO, it is night & day. The number of things to do within a few miles at places like Del Webb Orlando or Kings Ridge & Heritage Hills in Clermont offers lots more fun options than Vero. But if living beachside is important, then Central FLA isn't an option.

We love the shore but after a few days fishing & relaxing, we itch for something more to do. And (especially after Sandy) we aren't anxious to live that near the ocean. Not to mention the additional wear & tear on seashore properties.

Living in Central FLA offers us the best of both worlds. We can drive to the beach (east OR west coast) in a bit over an hour when we want. We can even stay a few days using FLA residents discounts in the off-season! But the bulk of activities we enjoy would be much closer living in Central FLA.

Good luck in your search...it's half the fun!

Old 07-13-2014, 08:34 PM

14 posts, read 33,423 times
This thread has been very helpful even with the older posts. We will be moving as soon as our house sells in Illinois. We like Winter Garden because it has the historic downtown area as well as the newer mall area. We are late 50's, just retired and can't quite picture ourselves in the over 55 communities, yet we don't want our neighbors to all be working families the ages of our children. Our daughter works for Disney, so we think our best options are Winter Garden or Windermere. We toured Clermont and it didn't seem to be the right fit for us. Moving from the Midwest and having lived in small towns, the crime concerns, HOA fees, neighborhoods with many foreclosures are new to us. I like the idea of activities to meet people that the over 55 communities offer, but would miss having children in the neighborhood I think. I hope people will continue to discuss neighborhoods, communities and general information about living in this area for people our age.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:49 AM

I think your many concerns are valid, ss4000. You may want to consider that some newer 55+ communities, like Del Webb Orlando, offer the opportunity to stay for a few days & use facilities so that you get a more realistic feel for the demographics & atmosphere of the place. I think there is a sales presentation you agree to attend but according to a friend who recently did this, they were left to explore & meet/greet the rest of the time. Also, choosing a new 'lifestyle' is a really big deal. Maybe consider renting for 6 months-a year before purchasing in FLA.

Having said that, we are a similar age to you. When we stayed with friends at DWO, we found the age group varied, with many just 55 (& spouse younger). Yes, many over 65 as well. But newer communities seem to be attracting lots of younger boomers now. There were LOTS of grandkids (& grandpets) visiting. I think kids pool hours are posted. Also, there is a LARGE contingency of residents from the mid-west. Some still work there & will not be full-time in FLA til retirement. And many families there include 'adult' children who haven't fully flown the nest yet.

In looking for 'small-town' living in FLA, 55+ communities come closest for us. There is less risk of crime, foreclosures, etc... As to the HOA fees, they are just a part of FLA living we have to accept. At a place like DWO, we feel the money is well-spent given the activities & resort lifestyle.

Quite a few residents at DWO are Disney cast members. One woman said she works there part-time to be among kids but LOVES coming home to the peace of the community. It is only a 15-20 min ride.

Best of luck in your journey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando