U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:56 PM

18 posts, read 74,938 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are in our 60's and moving from NY to the Orlando Area both of these 55+ communities were recommended by Where to Retire magazine.

I would appreciate any information from folks who live there or have lived there.

Thanks.............Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 PM

399 posts, read 873,298 times
Look at Baldwin Park. We hava an over 50 's group and we are ourselves are retired in our late 50's.
Close to everything and not a bunch of old people like you will find in 55 and over comm.
We got 250 kids for Halloween and love it.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,939,688 times
Trilogy is NOT in Clermont. The mailing address is Groveland, and it's 10 miles north of Clermont is a rural part of unincorporated Lake County. You'll need to get in the car and drive to get anywhere from there. It's also a new community and it could be years before it's sold out.

You might be better off looking at King's Ridge in Clermont.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:14 PM

793 posts, read 2,150,915 times
There are numerous 55+ communities in the area offering from basic services/amenities to full out like The Villages.

Have you checked out Arlington Ridge?

Hope this helps,

Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 PM

If The Trilogy is 10 miles from everything that would be a negative. I don't know anything about King's Ridge and Arlington Ridge. I got The Trilogy and Del Webb Orlando from Where to Retire magazine.

I would like to stay with a 55+ community.

I guess I need info on 4 places now........thanks for responding......Bob

Old 03-25-2011, 06:10 PM

189 posts, read 426,587 times
Hi! Visited Del Webb Orlando & loved it. Club House amenities due to open soon, so we didn't see those completed.

Adjacent is High Vista...also part of Ridgewood Lakes master community as is Del Webb. It is a bit older but seemed nice as well. Both are in Davenport. We liked proximity to WDW & nearby amenities. Also, as mentioned, Kings Ridge looks very nice but haven't been there. A bit further drive-time from WDW but Clermont area may appeal to you more. Another Clermont 55+ community is Lennar's Heritage Hills, with some larger floorplans offered.

The one sure thing we've learned about Central Fla is you MUST visit & drive around. Sometimes the community itself is fine but surrounding area may not be your cup of tea for any number of reasons.

I'd love to hear from current residents also

Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 PM

Thanks merriweather I'll add Heritage Hills to our list of places to visit.

I agree about traveling around the area not only visiting the 55+ communities.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearcher71 View Post
My wife and I are in our 60's and moving from NY to the Orlando Area both of these 55+ communities were recommended by Where to Retire magazine.

I would appreciate any information from folks who live there or have lived there.

Thanks.............Bob
Hi Bob,
My wife and I live in Trilogy. It's about 7 or 8 miles from Clermont main shopping area. Groveland is in the incorporated Lake County NOT in the unincorporated Lake County as stated by someone. When Trilogy is completed it will have 999 homes. Right now there are about 250 completed homes and Shea Homes (The Builder) are selling homes here. Shea Homes is a new builder here and they are also completing the Club House that is about 70% done. When looking for 55+ community look at the age of the people there, some are mostly in their 50's, 60's, 70's choose wisely for your age group.
We have a nice home here but we are looking for something a little larger because my wife's mother 87 will be coming to live with us.
Happy Home Hunting,
Stephen

Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 AM

189 posts, read 426,587 times
Lennar's Heritage Hills shows floorplans up to 4 BR/3 BA, formal LR & DR as well as family rm & 3 car garage! This seems fairly unusual for a 55+ community but is something we will definitely check out on our next visit.

I agree on personal comfort level in a community...I will say that the Del Webb crowd (as well as Solivita residents we encountered on our visit there) were mid-50s/mid-60s in general, perfect for us... But maybe the older residents were wisely hiding from the mid-day July sun.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM

I have to admit I'm getting better info than I expected you are a great bunch here at this forum.

Stephen I'm wondering if driving 7 - 8 miles to do everything like get a loaf of bread bothers you after a while. How do you and your wife feel about that? Do you like Clermont - is it safe, things to do, good places to eat, is there good health care and my wife uses the library here a lot is there a good library in clermont?

We also will probably have my mother moving in with us soon and I hope my sons visit us if we stay close to WDW so I expect to need at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths but from the Trilogy website that does not seem to be a problem so when you say you need a bigger place does that mean you will stay at Trilogy?

merriweather I took a look at the floor plans for Heritage Hills and there seems to be plenty of room for my mother and sons at the larger homes here. We will pay a visit to Heritage Hills during our next trip.

Thanks for all the very helpful information.............Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or