U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,651 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I would like to work in Orlando and I'm searching for company that can make a job offer for me in order to get work visa. If somebody knows that kind of companies or maybe you already have this possibility to make job offer please let me know. My specialization is supply chain management. I have 6 years work experience. I can start work as the assistante or some other position. So please if someone can help me please do so. I will be glad to hear it from you...)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,939,688 times
Ahahahahahaha

Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,698 times
Annerk, that wasnt nice. Just a European trying to find work. As far as Im concerned that's a good thing. Way too many freeloaders in the area not trying to find a job. At least be helpful.

Zdrastvoite moh dryg Belonik! I am working in the healthcare sector and I will send you an email. Good luck on your search

-MannytheGreek

Last edited by mannythegreek; 03-27-2011 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Better Post

Old 03-27-2011, 03:39 PM

Rude? Hardly. We've got a ridiculously high unemployment rate, we need to worry about getting our citizens back to work, not sponsoring foreigners with job skills that are a dime a dozen.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 AM

399 posts, read 873,298 times
Our daughter in law in Houston is Latvian and came here in her own to go to college along with her friends.
She is now married to our son and has 2 wonderful daughters.
My wifes parents emigrated from Germany and mine from Germany and Sweden so most of us are like her unless you are Native American Indian.
She wants a job why not?
Our dil used her 5 fluent languages and degrees to work for an oil company in Houston.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Your DIL wasn't taking a job from a citizen when she came here, nor did she expect an employer to sponsor her. Your parents came at a time when we didn't have a high unemployment rate, and they were most likely either highly educated and brought scientific or technical skills with them, or were willing to pick fruit and dig ditches for a living, without complaining about it.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 AM

20 posts, read 28,956 times
Diversity is great ,we need more of it here, and where bilingual just doesn't mean Spanish.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,192,017 times
Jobs are tight now in Orlando/Florida. You should also consider the North Va. area for a job. Also, have you considered taking a job in Canada? Their VISA requirements are not as tough as ours and they really want more skilled labor.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:49 PM

499 posts, read 1,536,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belonik View Post
Hello,
I would like to work in Orlando and I'm searching for company that can make a job offer for me in order to get work visa. If somebody knows that kind of companies or maybe you already have this possibility to make job offer please let me know. My specialization is supply chain management. I have 6 years work experience. I can start work as the assistante or some other position. So please if someone can help me please do so. I will be glad to hear it from you...)))
I'm from Florida and travel a lot throughout the State (and all over the planet). From what I know they're not a lot of Russians in Florida, but pockets (and I'd honestly be skeptical of their legitimacy of business interests). Aeroflot used to have daily flights from Miami to Shannon to Moscow. Pan Am used to fly nonstop from Miami to Moscow. Now, Transaero flies nonstop Moscow to Miami.

The pockets I know of with people from former Russian States and Eastern European States are: Normandy Isles (Miami Beach), Naples Estates, Tampa and Palm Coast. Palm Coast and Tampa are the closest cities to Orlando.

I would also check for Embassies and Cultural/Business Attaches from Russian States with Consular/offices in Florida. Most likely, they would be in Miami or Tampa (but I don't know). Even most likely the only presence in the USA would be NYC or DC.

Other option would be to research Russian/USA Int'l Chambers of Commerce which seek trading ventures/partners to see who has interests in Florida (and where).

In all seriousness, you may have better luck looking in Cuba (to get your foot in the door first), as there seems to be a lot of opportunities going on there with their doors opening up for new business ventures with the outside world (and esp Russian capital investment). You would also have an easier time getting a Visa there. If you were to land a position with an international hotel chain such as Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson, etc., a Cruise Line or Airline, you'd be set to work anywhere (they needed you) on the planet.

Good Luck!

Last edited by daytonadewd; 03-30-2011 at 11:02 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 AM

4,597 posts, read 3,219,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Rude? Hardly. We've got a ridiculously high unemployment rate, we need to worry about getting our citizens back to work, not sponsoring foreigners with job skills that are a dime a dozen.
I'm with annerk on this one ... we need to get American citizens back to work first and forget about bringing in foreigners with limited skillsets. In fact, we can also discontinue visa programs for some skilled workers as well (H1-B) until the citizens who want to work are gainfully employed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or