U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM

16 posts, read 84,523 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry that you were a victim of a crime. One thing to note, that sort of thing can happen anywhere and truth be told less likely to happen In Village 7 of Poinciana, its Polk County - which has Sheriff Judd Grady on our side.

Not to mention if you currently don't participate in the community with organizations such as the Crime Watch Program, Poinciana Residents for Smart Change (non-profit community advocate group); I would encourage you to do so.. It will give you the sense of community we all strive for and could help prevent others like you from being a victim.

Only WE the RESIDENTS can prevent such crimes from happening by being proactive,vigilant and reporting suspicious persons immediately to the Sheriff's Office and let the professionals determine what the situation is - its our obligation to each-other.

Just incase you don't have the Polk County Sheriff non emergency crime reporting line, I'll post it here: 863.534.6200

Polk County Code Enforcement (For the overgrown homes/distressed properties): 863-534-6054

You purchased your home in 2005, so more than likely you are like the majority of Floridians who paid too much for your home and for that too I am sorry. But one positive thing to think about is that at some point down the road you will certainly benefit. Look at all the empty lots in the neighborhood, there is tax revenue to be made out there.. believe you/me someone wants the area to reach its full potential.. Are you aware of the new 3.5 million dollar county park that is going to be under construction in the coming months? It's location right past Tuscany Preserve on the corner of Poinciana Parkway (on your way to the new Legoland Florida, in Winter Haven.)

Right now, new home buyers moving into the area, buying their first home are going to be the ones who truly benefit from the area. With new parks, new side walks, county code enforcement assisting with distressed properties and residents like you and myself can start making our community a better place.

Useful links:

poincianadv.com (Poinciana Digital Village Website)
prfsc.org (Poinciana Residents for Smart Change)
polk-county.net (Polk County Resident Information)

Last edited by lakemarionvillage; 04-08-2011 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 AM

4 posts, read 13,656 times
At one time, Poinciana had work to be done on its educational system, but via the great support from the community, it appears that Poinciana's schools are ready to compete against the best schools in the U.S. Now how's that for improvement?

Last edited by Poinciana Digital Village; 04-09-2011 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 04-14-2011, 03:59 PM

121 posts, read 400,985 times
Lake Nona is nice and close to the new med center but I don't know about the schools. There are some new schools being built that are supposed to be pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando