Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 AM

238 posts, read 742,816 times

Advertisements

All Right!! I'll look into that! Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 07:44 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvansant View Post
My husband has accepted a new job and we have the opportunity to move into any community we would like, as long as it is close to Orlando itself and he can access the airport. We are coming from Michigan, so as we look, it is difficult to determine which area would be best.

We are looking for an area with good schools as our little one starts kindergarten this fall. Also, we would like to live in an area that is "small town" as we not not huge city life people. We come from the country area of MI and like the calm.

We have been looking into the following areas:
1. Clermont
2. Altamonte Springs
3. Lake Mary
4. Winter Springs

Any suggestions?!!!

Thank you for all you help!

~Relocating from MI
If your husband isn't commuting to/from the airport on a daily basis you might find the Oviedo area to your liking. It's a small town with a number of less congested areas than you'll find down in Orlando. Bear in mind the 417 Tollway gets you from Oviedo to the Airport in around 30 minutes, even at rush hour. For whatever reason most of the people on this forum think I-4 is the only route out of Seminole County. The schools in Oviedo across the board (Elementary through High School) are "A" rated and all have perfect scores of 10 from GreatSchools.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,796 times
Hello,

I grew up in northern Michigan and have a pretty good understanding of areas that might interest you. We've lived in Dr. Phillips for years, but it is very congested. Winter Garden is closer to the airport and a REALLY nice area. Clermont is nice too, but quite a distance from the airport. I think that you would like Winter Garden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando