U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-30-2011, 07:13 PM

437 posts, read 763,071 times
Question Favorite Breakfast Spots in Daytona Beach?

I'm finding that as the days are getting longer, I like going out for a nice breakfast.

I tend to avoid the chains like IHOP, Dennys, Crystal, etc. (will only eat at Cracker Barrel if in a pinch) and like the greasy spoons (with the great food) that yell through the window. But I'm finding that a lot of them are now closing in my area, or have declined in quality. What ever happened to the $3 breakfast platter special? Any real bakeries that serve breakfast/lunch?

I really miss the weekend buffet breakfasts at Piccadilly Cafeteria (even though a chain) on Ridgewood Ave in Daytona Beach. For $5 you could have everyone in your party happy (and full) until dinner for a day's outing!

As a true Floridian, I love NY deli breakfasts (including bagels, latkes, hash) and Southern staples such as homemade biscuits/gravy, cornbread, fried green tomatoes or places that have crab benedict or crab omelettes.

Aside from the list below, anyone have anything "exceptional" to add? Do you know of a "great deal" (that you'd finish your plate)?

I'm now "scrambling" for some good answers and new adventures!

Hampton's on Mason Ave in Daytona Beach. My favorite dive for really amazing comfort foods, with biscuits and chicken that you can cry over from joy. The hash is the best I've found in the area (even my dad approves). If it's too much a dive for you, then get a take out.
Club House Restaurant at Daytona Beach Golf Course. Cheap, cheerful, good views, service and good Sunday brunch. But not much else.
Dancing Avocado Kitchen in downtown Daytona Beach. Love the multi-grain Belgian Waffle w/ fresh fruit (and the funky atmosphere).
NY Bakery Deli in Daytona Beach Shores. Love it for the veggie cream cheese and the $6 deal!
Mango Sun Cafe in Ormond Beach. Good food but a bit out of the way.
European Cafe & Schnitzel House in Ormond Beach. Weekend lunch brunch! A tacky, funky place with awesome European home-cooked food.
Ivy Lane Bistro in downtown Daytona Beach. Enjoy sitting outside (and great coffee), if serving breakfast today?

Places am kinda over (i.e. is this as good as it gets?)
Peach Valley Cafe in Ormond Beach. I really do like the food here, but not the waiting.
Koffee Kup in Holly Hill. I don't get the hype. It's proven inconsistent each time I go there from good to poor.
Mike's Galley in Daytona Beach Shores. I love the crab benedict and turkey breast sandwiches, but honestly I'm not seeing the value for the greasy spoon it is.
Ted's II in Holly Hill. Cheap but dismal (and not so great either).
Bertie's Did the cook show up today?
Main Street Cafe or Starlight Diner in Daytona Beach. When was the last time you ate there?
The Gateway in Daytona Beach. Cheap/cheerful, but is the food warm (and when was it cooked)? Will meet friends there in a pinch on the way to something.
Rosie's Kitchen in Holly Hill. Is it still open?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-05-2011, 06:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,326,970 times
my favorite rest. is Rossi's on Ridgewood in s.daytona breakfast,lunch & dinner
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando