U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:31 PM

15 posts, read 32,671 times
Default Areas around Orlando international airport

Hi

I am moving to Orlando and want live close to the airport because I need to travel a lot for my work . Can you please let me know a safe and clean area around the airport to live ? The most important thing to be safe and nice

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 PM

35 posts, read 227,809 times
What is your price range? What size home are you looking for? How far from the airport are you looking to be?

I would suggest taking a look at the Southeast Orlando area around Lake Nona. You can also try Hunters Creek. Both are nice areas and close to the airport.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:46 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,639,215 times
I would recommend Buena Ventura Lakes, it's about 10 minutes south of the airport and the housing is the most affordable, some people say it's not good but I've lived here awhile and I love it, it's very convenient to everything!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:42 AM

41 posts, read 103,317 times
Stay away from BVL it's not the best of neighborhoods. Try looking towards ST. Cloud. Easy ride to the airport close to shopping the turnpike good schools. I lived there for 5 years and loved it. Still have a lot of friends living there so I go back often, it is growing but still has that same small town feel. Good luck in your search.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 14,546 times
Stay away from BVL, ST. Cloud is nice, but now you are about 20-30min away from the Airport. If you check out subdivisions on Boggy Creek in Orange County, there are some nice ones east of the Airport. NorthShore is a great place, but homes are very expensive. Fells Cove is also another great place, homes are more reasonable. If you travel east on Boggy creek to Narcrosse Road, right on Narcrosse, a lot of nice subdivisions here, most are reasonable prices. Narcroosee also has an A-Rated Elementary School

Old 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM

1,052 posts, read 2,721,664 times
I Second looking at the Lake Nona and Hunter's creek area, both are upscale and close to the airport. In either area you can find affordable homes and great deals.

I prefer Lake Nona because they have the "Medical Village" they are building out there. As well as because the Tavistock group is the main developer (they also developed the isle worth area... where shaq and other huge stars have their homes)

I'm a local realtor so if you need anymore info feel free to contact me, my info is in my profile

Old 07-30-2007, 08:00 PM

266 posts, read 779,507 times
Check out the Tivoli Woods subdivisions on Econlockhatchee....3 "villages" to choose from - homes built by Cambridge, US Homes, Lennar, and others. Safe, family oriented areas - 10-15 minutes away from OIA.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:21 AM

93 posts, read 294,570 times
Lake Nona, East Park, North Lake Park, Village Walk, Eagle Creek, LaVina, North Shore at Lake Hart are all within 7 miles of MCO off Narcoossee Road. Great area and as posted before - we are getting the medical school, VA hospital, Burnham Research Institute, the largest park in Orlando (bike trails, hiking, water), new high school, new elementary, a huge mall coming by 2010, so this is the area to buy in right now. You are located between the 417 and the 528 - the Beachline.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 20,143 times
Lake Nona and Hunter's Creek are quite expensive. If you want a nice area that's well established, I'd say the Conway or Belle Isle area (southeast) area of Orlando. They have some nice places there. They're also very close to the airport!
Good luck on your move!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM

13 posts, read 47,763 times
Lee Vista is also close to OIA, and is safe, but more towards the expensive side. Other than that, this side of Orlando is really getting bad though. 408/Conway area all the way spreading towards 417/Curry Ford has gone to S%#T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando