Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

What has been the trend for home values in Seminole County? Does it look like there is any light at the end of the tunnel for homes to stabilize of start to go up? From what I've been seeing values are still going down somewhat and then you have the other listings at last years prices. I don't know what to think. Is this going to be a long haul or does it look like the market is starting to correct itself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
It is very specific to neighborhoods. As the distressed sales lessen the prices seem to be increasing.

There were some areas I could get 2/2 condos for 20 k where they are 35-45k a year later

Lake Mary seems pretty stable as a whole. Some parts of Longwood are just starting to see some drops (Alaqua) others are holding on

Oviedo has held pretty constant and as the distressed are dropping off the rolls prices have risen.

Winter Park has already seen some increases. In the last 90 days they have sold a bakers dozen homes over 1 Million. Several went above the asking price. the High was 3.5 Million.

What's generally good for Orange county is so for Seminole and the trends are pretty much hand in hand.

Will we see more distressed sales this year? "experts" say so but I haven't seen it yet.

I have seen a great many commercial places find tenants recently which gives me a sense we are past the worse of it. In most cases if you waited to buy then you didn't get on the boat at the right time. While there are some great deals still they are getting to be much fewer in number. IMHO

Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
It is very specific to neighborhoods. As the distressed sales lessen the prices seem to be increasing.

There were some areas I could get 2/2 condos for 20 k where they are 35-45k a year later

Lake Mary seems pretty stable as a whole. Some parts of Longwood are just starting to see some drops (Alaqua) others are holding on

Oviedo has held pretty constant and as the distressed are dropping off the rolls prices have risen.

Winter Park has already seen some increases. In the last 90 days they have sold a bakers dozen homes over 1 Million. Several went above the asking price. the High was 3.5 Million.

What's generally good for Orange county is so for Seminole and the trends are pretty much hand in hand.

Will we see more distressed sales this year? "experts" say so but I haven't seen it yet.

I have seen a great many commercial places find tenants recently which gives me a sense we are past the worse of it. In most cases if you waited to buy then you didn't get on the boat at the right time. While there are some great deals still they are getting to be much fewer in number. IMHO
Are the foreclosures still pulled from the market? I don't see many if any?

Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM

30 posts, read 50,484 times
Foreclosures are still rampant in the market. They are moving very fast though most of the listings I see are gone within a week or two. This is a good sign it signals the bottom of the cycle. Means the smart money is buying everything they can get. Remember JDR during the depression. Im no expert in FL real estate in fact I dont know a good area from a bad one had to ask advice on locations several times from the posters here. But I do know some of these values cant be beat. And when they are gone from the market there is no place but up for home values

Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,058 times
I buy and rent out a lot of SFH and 2 years ago you could work with the bank. Today good deals are gone in days great deals are gone in hours. The house I bought last week my first bid 49k at 9am 3-4 rebids I got it for 62k by noon the next day. The only resin I was able to get it was the person I was bidding against wanted it as a primary residence and could not go over 60k and the bank needed to close in 10 days. I see no end in sight right now to be able to buy houses that are good deals.

Last edited by tworent; 04-04-2011 at 09:31 PM..

Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM

5 posts, read 12,087 times
The answers so far in this thread seem balanced; but I would be very careful about asking questions about long-term predictions to realtors or anyone else. Remember that very few people saw the housing crisis coming until it was too late. And some of those who saw it coming didn't speak up...just my 2 cents.
I don't think anyone can predict exactly when or how long a recovery might be. At best you can evaluate recent and short-term trends (which have zero chance of being 100% reliable as long-term predictors)

Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM

That maybe a good sign if the foreclosures are going quicker. The only thing is how much longer are they going to be available. I think once they fizzle out that will help bring values back. The problem is that when they figure comps those are bing included which brings values down quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando