Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 01:41 PM

32 posts, read 73,116 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I used to live in Hunter's Creek area of Orlando in 2002-2004. I am originally from California. I am wanting to move back to Florida again next Spring....I'm 32, single and am starting a nutrition/wellness business. I need to know how the Orlando Metro Area has changed since I used to live there. I loved Florida...and the traffic was nothing compared to the traffic here in CA. I am considering living in a different area this time though. Orlando as a whole wasn't that great to me, but I liked Hunter's Creek. I am considering Lake Mary or Winter Park since I love those areas.

Is the job market still pretty bad? Is there much to do in those areas I mentioned? I don't know many people in Florida. I'm also trying to figure out which area would be best for my business....and I'm thinking any area where people have more money would obviously be the better choice. I will have to build my business so I'd need a job in the meantime to survive. I'm in marketing and operations management. Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 02:27 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnonnac View Post
Hi All,

I used to live in Hunter's Creek area of Orlando in 2002-2004. I am originally from California. I am wanting to move back to Florida again next Spring....I'm 32, single and am starting a nutrition/wellness business. I need to know how the Orlando Metro Area has changed since I used to live there. I loved Florida...and the traffic was nothing compared to the traffic here in CA. I am considering living in a different area this time though. Orlando as a whole wasn't that great to me, but I liked Hunter's Creek. I am considering Lake Mary or Winter Park since I love those areas.

Is the job market still pretty bad? Is there much to do in those areas I mentioned? I don't know many people in Florida. I'm also trying to figure out which area would be best for my business....and I'm thinking any area where people have more money would obviously be the better choice. I will have to build my business so I'd need a job in the meantime to survive. I'm in marketing and operations management. Thanks for any advice!
I saw this article yesterday: Seminole County ranks among Florida's healthiest counties - Orlando Sentinel

To me, the best way to go is to start a business here. If you don't have much overhead, what is there to lose? When working for somebody else here, the pay is mediocore. I think over time, as you build a clientele, you should do well. The good thing in Lake Mary is that it is very diverse and there are several wealthy people that live here.

As for traffic, I4 can be miserable during rush hour. The best thing that I suggest is to work where you live. It can be done. My DH and I both have small businesses and we rarely leave Lake Mary, Longwood or Sanford. If we do, we usually take the back roads to get to where we need to go.

Good luck.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 PM

32 posts, read 73,116 times
Thank you for the input! Cannot wait to get out of California.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
I lived in SoCal for a little bit and enjoyed every minute including the climate. I would rate California higher over Florida, but that's just my opinion, before anyone gets their underwear in a wad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando