Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainRockStar View Post
My bad. I didn't know this was a 'post showdown'. Is the higher number of posts a badge of honor? Or is it a sign that you folks in the hundreds and thousands are losers with no life (probably unemployed) and no friends so you can doodle around forums all day and really tell people off from behind your computer screens like true macho men? What exactly is the troll all you folks refer to? People who pop in once in a while and don't have time to dedicate to arguing with ignorant, uneducated a$$holes all day? Yes, I guess I am a t-t-t-t-troll.

BTW, you friendly Floridians can go on all day spewing offenses at people who hate Florida. It's not going to change the fact that the state of Florida is still America's armpit. Yes, my posts are highly critical of Florida, as I have nothing positive to say about the entire state. And in case some of you North Cubans forgot, Florida is still part of the US, not part of a communist country. People ARE allowed to express their personal opinions without going to jail.
First of all, as is my habit, when I come into another city/state's forum to express myself, I take time to apologize in advance to the members of that forum, because I mean THEM no ill will---I'm just addressing one poster in particular...so, Orlando forumites, I apologize...

Now to the business at hand...do you realize at this moment in time, that there is no device on earth which can properly put into negative numbers, the lack of a **** people here give about your particular brand of snarkiness?

I'm terribly sorry if you have no respect for yourself, but that's your problem...have respect for the folks in Orlando, and anywhere else, that want to come in here and give the OP their well-wishes, parting shots, or whatever else they feel like doing, without falling prey to someone with a bad case of terminal-smart-a**edness...

And further, who are you and what position do you hold on the Almighty's Board Of Directors, that you can blithely 'pop in' and label people as 'ignorant, uneducated a**holes', simply because they have the stones to tell you to put a sock in it?

And as for the state of Florida, no, I don't live there, but there are a lot of people who do, and who like it just fine, thank you very much...and as such, they have earned the right to praise the state if they wish, and also to have a negative opinion if they wish as well---that's the way life, and this forum, is...what surprises me is that nobody here has told you yet to kiss their hindparts like Baskin-Robbins has flavors---31 different ways...

And in case YOU forgot, people who post here are NOT 'friendless, unemployed losers who doodle about in forums', nor are they 'macho men who tell people off from behind computer screens'...whether they have 1 post, or 10000 posts, they are citizens (in this case) of Florida, and the USA, who own computers and thus, have earned the right to open accounts on City-Data, and so can post whenever they fell like it, about whatever subject that strikes their fancy...that much is set in stone...

To close, I acknowledge, then, your right to have a negative opinion of Florida, and further, your right to post on it...that, too, is set in stone...you can call it 'America's armpit', you can call it 'North Cuba', you can call it 'late for dinner' if that floats your boat...but know that, when the good people of Florida/Orlando City Data roll back their covers and shut off their PC's and hit the sack tonight, they will do so knowing that snarling rants like the one I responded to don't amount to a bucket of stale Milk-Bones in the real world, and that your yelling, chest-beating, frothing at the mouth put-downs are just so much background noise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainrockstar View Post
my bad. I didn't know this was a 'post showdown'. Is the higher number of posts a badge of honor? Or is it a sign that you folks in the hundreds and thousands are losers with no life (probably unemployed) and no friends so you can doodle around forums all day and really tell people off from behind your computer screens like true macho men? What exactly is the troll all you folks refer to? People who pop in once in a while and don't have time to dedicate to arguing with ignorant, uneducated a$$holes all day? yes, i guess i am a t-t-t-t-troll.

Btw, you friendly floridians can go on all day spewing offenses at people who hate florida. It's not going to change the fact that the state of florida is still america's armpit. Yes, my posts are highly critical of florida, as i have nothing positive to say about the entire state. And in case some of you north cubans forgot, florida is still part of the us, not part of a communist country. People are allowed to express their personal opinions without going to jail.
bingo!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe there is a hatred forum you can start on City-Data for trolls only and you can reveal your previous usernames.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb Actually...

Quote:
I wish I had time to read all of this, but I have a life.
Seems like I hit a sore spot since you took a nice chunk of an hour to respond to me. A little off topic too since the thread was initially about Orlando and you are wasting your time attacking my opinion.
Anyway, your essay just proves my point about the folks sitting here all day who have no life. This was fun, but I must run since I have a life.
Said post WAS on-topic...I took pains to let the Orlando folk know I was coming into their forum...also, I included all others in the state as well, as well as commenting on the reight of all to either wish the OP well, or give him a parting shot...

And as far as you having a life---boolah boolah hip hip hooray...and once again, your thinking people don't have lives simply because they post here, means nothing in the grand scheme of things because, quiet as it's kept, you don't run anything except your mouth, so you aren't the final authority on anything...

Aaaaand, staying ON-topic, to ngrome, the OP, I enjoyed your candor and honesty about your stay in Central Florida, and your desire to let others know to be objective as they make plans to move there...I wish you good luck and godspeed in your journeys, wherever they may take you, and a soft and happy landing once you arrive

Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
commie, how come you don't post in the Miami board no more? We need some open minded souls open to different cultures like you, my friend.

hope you come down to Miami, I would love to meet you at Sedanos and have some cafecito with croquetas while we discuss the Cuban embargo.

I agree, Miami definitely needs different cultures.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM

4 posts, read 7,527 times
Good luck with your move! Wondering what state you will be moving to?

I have been thinking about a winter home in the Orlando area (Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Winter Springs) and wondered if anyone knows how the Kissimmee area is?

Besides California and Florida does anybody know of another state where you can grow flowers and a garden year round?

Thanks to the City Data community!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
hmm what? a Born Again Rock Star? or a ttttt...
Hialeah, our suspicions were confirmed.

Quote:
My bad. I didn't know this was a 'post showdown'. Is the higher number of posts a badge of honor? Or is it a sign that you folks in the hundreds and thousands are losers with no life (probably unemployed) and no friends so you can doodle around forums all day and really tell people off from behind your computer screens like true macho men? What exactly is the troll all you folks refer to? People who pop in once in a while and don't have time to dedicate to arguing with ignorant, uneducated a$$holes all day? Yes, I guess I am a t-t-t-t-troll.

BTW, you friendly Floridians can go on all day spewing offenses at people who hate Florida. It's not going to change the fact that the state of Florida is still America's armpit. Yes, my posts are highly critical of Florida, as I have nothing positive to say about the entire state. And in case some of you North Cubans forgot, Florida is still part of the US, not part of a communist country. People ARE allowed to express their personal opinions without going to jail.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I agree, it's not for everyone. Not everyone will have the same experiences you had. Some will.

I left Orlando in 2005 due to the changes I saw from my initial arrive in 1988.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Ok, I haven't been here in a while, but when I joined this forum to get info, deal, and cope with living in CFL, specifically Orlando, I indicated about three years ago that I would be moving out of here after 13 years of residency because of what Orlando has turned into. Well, it's not also because of what it's turned into, but in retrospect, it's never been my home. Now, I am down to my last year and this year is going by faster than I expected. My tone in this forum has changed from slamming Orlando and discouraging everyone to move here, to basically please find out for yourself, as my opinion is just that, my opinion. So no arguments here, just expressing my joy about leaving this place the same way people are expressing how happy they are to be moving to it. I hope everyone who decides to move down here that Orlando, FL that it turns out to be what they had hoped it to be, it just wasn't for me. I'll check in every now and then, as I dutifully count the days til my moving day sometime early 2012 (or sooner).

Old 04-14-2011, 02:41 PM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wow. You are posting under another account, I see. And slamming people for moving away when you, yourself, had to move away. You've been back since what? February? And you are already complaining that you can't find a job.
I moved because of my family, not because I wanted to leave. You are bitter that I made it up there DESPITE your dire predictions, and If you would have read my posts here you would know I have a job.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM

288 posts, read 734,085 times
I don't even know what difference it makes whether someone likes this area or not, or anywhere, if it's constructive criticism. It's pretty relative. It would be horrible if everybody loved it here, ya know? I think every place has basically turned into something a little worse than it used to be. I'm wondering about the whole country in general and where it's going. From here I've even been thinking about living in Panama (the country) for awhile. Not because anything is better or worse, just for something different, see if I like it.. I think it's cool that you have a goal, ngrome, that you can move forward towards it and be happy. That's what matters.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:25 AM

812 posts, read 1,675,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzza View Post
It would be horrible if everybody loved it here, ya know?
Yes, but there is a tangible difference between "This place sucks (with no rationale)" and "This place sucks because (reasons A, B, C that every other city on the planet ALSO suffers from)" and "This place is challenging because while reason a, b, c, in other cities is true; this is what makes it different in Orlando...."

It's one thing to have a legitimate and founded concern (Like I-4 traffic out of Seminole county in the morning rush) to a moronic concern like "No one speaks English here" which is a blatant lie.

It's the difference between presenting helpful facts and buying into the hateful hyperbole. I get that some people like the fact there has been a mass exodus and are very happy with the way things are now and don't want more people coming and making bad problems worse. I understand that mentality, it was VERY prevalent in Tennessee. The problem is that yeah, while it's challenging to get to work with more people on the roads, that actually means more people contributing to the economy, and more people sharing the responsibility of making this place better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando