U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 AM

2,144 posts, read 4,226,529 times

Advertisements

I like to post the new developments I see happening around downtown, and all signs are pointing to spending habits returning to Orlando residents as empty spaces below the downtown condos are being filled. Thornton Park is getting 4 new restaurants, all in the South Eola District at The Sanctuary and 101 Eola condo buildings.

Aura at 101 Eola - Modern American and specialty cocktails Aura, New Restaurant and Lounge, Planned for 101 Eola

Sonoma - Stone fired pizza, wine, and drafts (name changed from Napa) at the Sanctuary. Same owner as Mucho across the street.

New Restaurant Planned for Former Beacon and iMansion Space in Sanctuary Condos

Two more at the Sanctuary from the Funky Monkey Wine Company owners, which is a good thing since all of their restaurants have been successes with good food:

Prickly Pear - Southwestern
Nick's Italian Kitchen

Funky Monkey folks opening 2 restaurants in downtown - Orlando Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM

3,447 posts, read 5,587,121 times
Great news Pete, always appreciate the updates. Actually, the city council is voting on the proposed Orlando Thrill Park zoning right now. I'll post more about that in a different thread to keep this one about DT but things inl the City of Orlando and the metro are looking up and up.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM

4,155 posts, read 7,615,434 times
Pete is one of these retaurants the new facade I've seen on Sanctuary on Pine street? The one that looks like an old theater?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Actually that's yet another new venue at the Sanctuary...The Abbey. That is a theater that will have small productions of Broadway plays amongst other things. It also has a bar...not sure about food.

The Abbey, a new downtown venue, nears completion – Orlando Theater Blog – Orlando Sentinel

Orlando to get its own Abbey Theatre | Elizabeth Maupin on Theater

Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM

3,447 posts, read 5,587,121 times
Another theater awesome, at least I'll have some drama to watch downtown if the Magic don't pull it together.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 PM

4,155 posts, read 7,615,434 times
that is AWESOME! I love seeing diversity in the entertainment option downtown.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:42 PM

I know...the South Eola District is really maturing into the area that the city envisioned when they approved all those condos. I really love that area.

The empty spaces are filling, but there are still a few left on East Central. There is a gallery going in over Stardust where that failed dog boutique was. The Pesca Lakeside location is nice overlooking the lake. I hope somebody puts a nice restaurant in there...only thing is there is no outdoor seating which is a big draw.

The Paramount building has a built-out bank space that nobody seems to be interested in yet. There is also a space next to that, and another couple spaces under the Post Parkside townhome units. Once those are filled in, the entire area will be occupied.

Across the lake, the VUE is also getting a restaurant in that large space underneath. Construction is under way, but I don't know anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or